Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage mixers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by GAZ. GAZ. wrote:

I love old citronic gear too! I own:
2 PPX 450
1 PPX 900
1 PPX 1200
1 PPX 1600
2 SA400
An EQ 350 Graphic equaliser,

An SM 350, SM450, and my favourite and main mixer an SM650. I've yet to use anything I like more!
I have to admit you are right
My favorite is the PPX450
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:51pm

Bozak mixer,circa 1975.

Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:05pm
With knobs!
Be seeing you.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:50pm
Aha I have fond memories of the Thames II. I picked one up from the 2nd hand shop for £60 when I were 16. Fond memories.
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:59pm
      Im still using my old peavey XR 800d for keyboard monitor sometimes and still runs like a charm.They have been in my dad's possesion for more than 20 years now.
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 5:53pm
There is a SM607 on Ebay at the moment  Buy it now of £45

Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:46pm
Taking it back to 1990-1992 and from Korea we have the 'Inkel MX880E'

The case is plastic, but quite rugged (it's been kicking around the house for a while).
A nice pop up stand, that actually is quite solid for what looks like a coat hanger in the pic!
In fact the whole feel is solid, with good pot's and faders.

When it was working it has quite a clear sound, no nasty stuff. Then it just died, so I will get around to opening it up soon (yeah right!Tongue).
As you can see it has no cross fader, but to be honest I never really use them. Feel I get a better mix with the 'both hands on two fader' old skool stylee LOL. It's got a good set of input options, fx send and return on all channels with an fx master.
Stereo L R masters, two band EQ (High/Low) that kills/cuts quite well. 3 inputs switch-able on all six channels, first four are Mic, Mic ATT, Line.The last two are Phono, CD, Line, and then Phono, Video, Line. So basically a whole load of mic and line in's LOL. Seems to be trying to be a mix of a DJ and home studio mixer, I like it.

edit: Forgot to say the last two channels are mono/stereo switch-able. So thus it is called an 8 channel mixer.

Edited by Preacher - 04 December 2009 at 10:50pm
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 4:16pm
here are some pics of a Vermona 1222 mixer in mint condition (had about 20 hours of use since new) , just a bit dusty

I sold it 2 days ago or 100 Euros because it was just gathering dust in the warehouse

Vermona 1222

http://www.vermona.de/80er/1222.htm

general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 11:50am
Ok,you have your Citronic,you have your Squires,you have your Soundout,you have your FAL,but i bet you havent got one of these!

"Portogram" twin Goldring CL75 i think,very early 70's?
Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 6:33pm
They're GL75's. Unfortunately they haven't got the strobe discs in the centre to set up the speeds properly. Even though I've never come across any vinyl that requires 16rpm!

Edited by djeddie - 22 February 2010 at 6:34pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 11:01am

some years ago before picking up my preamp i use to play with the rane....
studio 55 style ;)
low output but real good sound quality!
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 11:09am
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

some years ago before picking up my preamp i use to play with the rane....
studio 55 style ;)
low output but real good sound quality!

I had a similar problem with my spirit mixer. I hooked up a behringer tube preamp after the mixer to provide additional gain. It also has a parameteric eq to boot!!!!
Not fond of alot of behringer gear but some of their gear aint half bad if your on a budget.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>