Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Mrk/Driver Choice with Cow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 1:50pm
Can you borrow a Turbomax 1800i? PD1850s should be easy enough to come by… the reason I ask is that you should just knock up a prototype of each cab type and try them loaded. If you can swing over to Manchester in a van I can pass on the details of a place that does free MDF panels.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

can you put the spec's up?

Specs can be found here http://royalloudspeakers.com, Sd is approx 1220.

Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

you've really confused him now as to what driverErmmLOL

Then let us confuse him some more.

The V18-1000 will sound great in everything, cheaper new than used Turbomax 1500, but best in Mk2 or Mk3, as its not really a scoop driver. LOL

Have personally heard drivers sound better than 1850 in medium chamber scoop, but in smaller chamber, PD1850/PD186 were ridiculous.

Edited by levyte357 - 23 November 2009 at 2:24pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:24pm
OR

if ur strapped for cash then the Celestion 100w will do main in the box

another option would be the Fane XB for that beautiful warm rolling bassline

hhhhmmmm decisions decisions  
SUFFERER View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUFFERER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:36pm
Ive got some used, approved but not abused XB's up for grabs... cheap as chips.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:43pm
Money isn't an option when it comes to amps , if i go for 1800's , i buy two inf8's/5000vzs , if i go for 1850's i only buy one.

I was intending to buy/borrow one of each driver and build prototypes , just wanted to see what people's opinions where.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by SUFFERER SUFFERER wrote:

Ive got some used, approved but not abused XB's up for grabs... cheap as chips.

£50 each?? Big smile
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

I was intending to buy/borrow one of each driver and build prototypes , just wanted to see what people's opinions where.

If cash isn't an issue, then as someone else mentioned, what power supplies do your venues typically avail? Would have thought only corporate gigs regularily have 3phase or 64A feed available?

Fact is, with Tmax 1800 scoops, you would find it very difficult to match 8x 1850/V18-1000 in small chamber scoops like Rens/ASS, driven by 2x Inf8 Mk2/MA5000VZ. If they were driven by 4x strong 3K amps in bridge, you definetly wouldn't have a chance, even on 32A supply.

So choose drivers wisely.Confused

Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:38pm
Most venues have 32A , if not then a few 16A's can be found.

The power isn't the main issue anyways , what Im really after is the right sound , which would be low-end SPL . Which IMO is found more with larger chamber Turbomax scoops , than tight chamber 1850/V-18 1K .
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

eminence scoop 18 is so used...loaded with many different driver. Just imho but it's a good reference too or...(suspence time........) a blashemy think about supers with cows width.

However anyone have ever tryed to sim scoop with akabak?
Tongue A super has a longer hornWink
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Most venues have 32A , if not then a few 16A's can be found.

The power isn't the main issue anyways , what Im really after is the right sound , which would be low-end SPL . Which IMO is found more with larger chamber Turbomax scoops , than tight chamber 1850/V-18 1K .

Well then, go ahead matey, and let us know what happens..
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Obviously you play a lot of dubstep etc, so requirements may be different, maybe you want the one noted low end rumble. but i'd go for pd1850 for the nice tonality throughout the 30 - 90 region, and it will still deliver some devastating sub. 

You sure you got that the right way round? as I thought many of the PD1850 haterz been saying the reverse of this for years!!!Confused

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Obviously you play a lot of dubstep etc, so requirements may be different, maybe you want the one noted low end rumble. but i'd go for pd1850 for the nice tonality throughout the 30 - 90 region, and it will still deliver some devastating sub. 

You sure you got that the right way round? as I thought many of the PD1850 haterz been saying the reverse of this for years!!!Confused

put the 1800s in shortman and compare to s118 with 1850, and you'll see what i'm saying. 

but otherwise, yes i agree. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>