Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Mrk/Driver Choice with Cow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Mrk/Driver Choice with Cow.
    Posted: 22 November 2009 at 2:55pm
Ez

In everyone's honest opinion , what would be your Mrk and driver choice for the Cow Scoop?

At the moment i honestly can't make up my mind between Mrk1 Cow with TM1800i or the Mrk2 Cow with PD1850 , both are immense drivers IMO , but have completely different sounds.

I reckon the 1800mrk1 with go lower and have more of a grunt in the lower notes , but the 1850mrk2 will have a cleaner flatter sound and still deliver nice SPL.

Problem is both of those kind of sounds appeal to me , so atm no boxes are being built ...

Edited by Autograff - 22 November 2009 at 2:58pm
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 4:08pm
PD1850. You do not need THAT much of amp power with them
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

I reckon the 1800mrk1 with go lower and have more of a grunt in the lower notes , but the 1850mrk2 will have a cleaner flatter sound and still deliver nice SPL.

i wouldn't be so sure about that. 

personally, for me, it'd be mk2 with PD1850, no questions. 

Obviously you play a lot of dubstep etc, so requirements may be different, maybe you want the one noted low end rumble. but i'd go for pd1850 for the nice tonality throughout the 30 - 90 region, and it will still deliver some devastating sub. 

Powering tmax1800s is always going to be a problem too. You can power 4x pd1850s off a ma5000 or infi8 no problems, but for 4x tmax 1800s, i'd be bridging 2x 5k amps over the 4 drivers, because as we know, the tmaxes are power pigs. 

anyway, we've chatted about this a few times now, i'll let someone else do some convincing now... Smile

Edited by Saul - 22 November 2009 at 6:54pm
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 6:41pm
unless your playing venues where you have access to the power supplies needed for the tm1800i and the amps to drive them properly then i wouldnt bother even thinking about using them. 1850 is still scoop driver king.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:43pm
its all guess work until you build some and try them with various drivers

why not build them?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
monomixer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monomixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

[QUOTE=Autograff]

Obviously you play a lot of dubstep etc, so requirements may be different, maybe you want the one noted low end rumble. but i'd go for pd1850 for the nice tonality throughout the 30 - 90 region, and it will still deliver some devastating sub. 

TMAX 1800 doesn't just create one note low end rumble. They play well on Iration's rig and must be hard to blow one up. I agree on the power thing, yes they do need a lot of power. maybe go for 1500's on MK1 I'd say.. (or even tmax 1000? never heard it play tho)

Btw in the first place i didn't fancy the 1800 too, but last sunday on UOD i changed my mind. they are nice.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 6:54am
Mk2 1850 loaded Cow Grey
super 1850 loaded black

4 x Cow Mk2 1000 watts each

diaphragm displacement 1000 watts

If Lev was an American redneck, he would say...............get'er done!!!!!

Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:26am
canadian lumberjack you meanWink

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:04am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

If Lev was an American redneck, he would say...............get'er done!!!!!

Try modelling Turbomax 1200/1500/Fane 1500 in Mk2 @ 1kw (Also note excursion), to see your eyes wobble, just from the sim.. Wacko

If you mow your back lawn, and find a car, you "might" be a red'neck...
If  the advert just say no to crack,  reminds you to pull up your jeans, you "might" be a red neck..
If you and your dog pee on the same tree, you "might" be a red neck...

LOL

Edited by levyte357 - 23 November 2009 at 9:05am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 12:17pm
can you put the spec's up?

you've really confused him now as to what driverErmmLOL
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 12:21pm
BTW, I only used a super as ref, because I don't have any other details on anyone else's scoops, that information is tighter than Vino Jones a-se hole 
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 1:24pm
eminence scoop 18 is so used...loaded with many different driver. Just imho but it's a good reference too or...(suspence time........) a blashemy think about supers with cows width.

However anyone have ever tryed to sim scoop with akabak?

Edited by bitzo - 23 November 2009 at 1:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>