Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Consoles, mixers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 95969798>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 10:02am
The latest FAL console to be refurbished. This has a brand new front panel laminated vinyl made which is now available.

Inside it is like new. Very little use. Rare to see one of these in this condition, including hidden dust. 

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 14 December 2018 at 10:04am
Billy Dawg.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 10:16am
Citronic Avon 2. Arrived in hand painted black. Paint everywhere.  Restored to original. New parts (unobtanium) fitted and ready to go.

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 14 December 2018 at 10:22am
Billy Dawg.
derekh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 10:35am
That's a really nice job, seriously impressed.
I really really want one. Just not prepared to go back to vinyl and shifting 60 boxes of 12"'s to every gig.
But never mind me, enjoy it.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 10:51am
Buy it. Use it in the LR. You'd be amazed how many now have these in the house with all their memories. 
Billy Dawg.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 1:15pm
lovely work dude Smile
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 1:55pm
Nice work on the Citronic but that model Fal console and the stereo version were horrendous sounding when brand new.
We used to sell them in our shops in the 70s as an alternative budget unit to the cheaper Citronic and Discosound consoles and we rapidly gave up with them due to being very unreliable due mainly to very cheap components being used--Al the faders had wobbly thin plastic shafts and used to break just by looking at them and the sound quality was most certainly "Down" to Fals usual standard.
Shame really as they were a reasonably nice looking console and certainly looked a lot better than all the other Fal products from that era.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Nice work on the Citronic but that model Fal console and the stereo version were horrendous sounding when brand new.
We used to sell them in our shops in the 70s as an alternative budget unit to the cheaper Citronic and Discosound consoles and we rapidly gave up with them due to being very unreliable due mainly to very cheap components being used--Al the faders had wobbly thin plastic shafts and used to break just by looking at them and the sound quality was most certainly "Down" to Fals usual standard.
Shame really as they were a reasonably nice looking console and certainly looked a lot better than all the other Fal products from that era.

Agree 100%. I used to get these and other Fal items in for repair new and used from disco and music shops. Now the faders are replaced with metal ones. Op amps replaced with lower noise. Often if the amp is faulty, the plug in PCB is then glue tacked in to stop it falling out. Remember how many were sold in Kays etc catalogue, and years later people with spare cash want one. At least if they buy the one above it's tidy and a sorted as a FAL can get. Which leads us to the FAL Egor on my bench. Lots of upgrades. MOSFET amp etc. Somebody somewhere will love it.. :) 
Billy Dawg.
HenryB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 5:36pm
Hi... do you have schematic for citronic Avon 2? Thanks a lot
DJandyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJandyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 5:01am
I used to use the CS range when I was DJing in England in the late 80s / early 90s. Does anyone know if anyone makes a mic mixer like the CS220 I can buy today in a 1 or 2U package? I'm looking for a mic mixer with a talkover function instead of just a priority channel and can't find anything on the market!

Thanks!
Andy 
Joseph P.Keegan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph P.Keegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2019 at 3:23pm

The CS mic mixer is rare as a hen's tooth and don't recall them recently on sale on their own .

I don't know if you have seen the American Audio Media Operator BT , just a suggestion .

Edited by Joseph P.Keegan - 21 September 2019 at 3:23pm
simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 11:12am
Anyone have an idea what a fair price for this is? 

DJandyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJandyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 3:40pm
No idea on a price but if you’re selling, let me know what you’re thinking.  

Edited by DJandyC - 18 July 2020 at 3:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 95969798>