Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Consoles, mixers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 98>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 8:49pm

[/QUOTE]
Stone me? I havn't seen an Iowa since god was a boy? Does it still work? I had one of these, and the earlier model with the white mixer (same as ice electrics) bloody good console earnt me a lot of cash over the years?

Hi
Yes it works fine   never tried the light controller though
 This console was from a nightclub on the Isle of Wight and just ran on its internal amps
Ive just got a Kansas as well  same but without the tape deck Will get some more pics up tomorrow if it ever gets light
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 9:02pm
JBL Man
Your PPX amps look fantastic  especially the 1600  Did those 900`s come from the factory clearout they look mint  or have you cleaned and refurbished them yourself ?
The consoles look amazing as well  those Avons look like they have come new out of the boxs
You seem to like your Studiomasters as well  I also collect H/H but am handing most of them over to Andy of the H/H Amplification website In exchange for Citronic gear  I guess you have seen it
I have loads more Citronic to take pics of  There will be more to follow over the next few days

It seems funny but the PPX900 seems to be going for peanuts on Ebay at the moment  I got one recently that was listed spares or repair  all I can find wrong with it is missing front grill and control knobs missing covers
I would prefer one PPX to any of the newer amps that are about   With the exeption of the obvious Americian "name" amps of course
MH
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:19am
Most of mine came from a large install in a conference centre on the south coast MH,where they were used for vocal pa,and had never been out on the road,so other than a little dust,they were "as new".
Here is an unusual one,its badged as "chrysalis retail entertainment",but it is,of course a later PPX600.Citronic built these for chrysalis for the install market...the last of the english-made citronics....i dont think this particular one has ever been used.

Be seeing you.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:35pm
A few more pics
Kansas console with built in amps and a SM440 mixer
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 6:33pm
Thats an early one MH,with the garrard sp25mk4 decks,the Kansas was another bigger version of the Hawaii,with amplifiers built in...2x100watts,but as with all these old consoles,they sound far louder than the figures suggest.
Be seeing you.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 6:48pm
MH, I had one of those too! I fitted mine with a pair of dual hi-fi turn tables with vari-speed (the first consol I could mix on) another great console with wicked sound quality for  the day!

it's such a crying shame Citronic were sold off just imagine what kit they would have been producing now days? they were a really nice bunch of people too, great to do trade with!

@ Ian, I know it's slightly of topic, but do you have any ice electrics kit or pictures?
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

MH, I had one of those too! I fitted mine with a pair of dual hi-fi turn tables with vari-speed (the first consol I could mix on) another great console with wicked sound quality for  the day!

it's such a crying shame Citronic were sold off just imagine what kit they would have been producing now days? they were a really nice bunch of people too, great to do trade with!

@ Ian, I know it's slightly of topic, but do you have any ice electrics kit or pictures?
Sorry for butting in but I have a Ice mix 6000 and a brochure for it Ice were taken over by Citronic so it seems fitting to put it on this page  I will get a pic of the actual mixer tomorrow 

Edited by Mhamplification - 18 December 2009 at 7:42pm
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:47pm
Well I never knew that!,  ICE were taken over by Citronic? - and were based in Haslemere, all of 7 miles from me.....small word.

I remember quite liking some ICE kits - but having bought into Citronic and Pulsar, my way was paved.

Edited by GregM - 19 December 2009 at 10:59am
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Thats an early one MH,with the garrard sp25mk4 decks,the Kansas was another bigger version of the Hawaii,with amplifiers built in...2x100watts,but as with all these old consoles,they sound far louder than the figures suggest.
Yes you are quite correct JBLman  I only very rarely had to add slave amps to Citronic consoles to boost the power my Iowa console was used in a nightclub that was quite large and never seemed to run out of power  I have a power amp out of a Popular mono deck that was 150watts into 4 ohms  I have built this into a seperate case and use it as a test amp in my workshop
Its unusual to note that on the Kansas console there are no power amp gain controls on the back panel at the rear/middle of the turntables This must have been a later addition
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:52pm
1987 Citronic price list
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 8:25pm
Funny how you can forget stuff you used to sell so much of until you see a price list like the one above?
and also amasing the info people on this forum have on products that are so old, when we closed the shop all of the imformation was chucked in the skip along with countless bits of equipment! the only thing I kept was tech drawings (and I don't know where any of them are now) I at one time had complete sets of drawings for HH, Harrison, Citronic, Cloud, Crown and countless others that have all got lost over the years pretty sad really!

Mh. thanks for the pic of the ice mixer, most people seem to have forgotten them now! but all this stuff was top gear in them days and I shudder when I think of the crap avalable as pro-audio gear compared to the early stuff.

I don't suppose anyone has a pic of the citronic system 80?

Edited by colint - 18 December 2009 at 8:27pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 11:03pm
Heres my PPX collection

450's 900,1200 and 1600.

I love these old amps!

Heres my Citronic SA400's

My Citronic SM350 and EQ 310

My citronic SM450

I have an SM650 too but I cant find a picture of that at the moment, Its the main one I use!

I'll try and take some better pictures of that lot too! more Old school pics to come!
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 98>