Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Consoles, mixers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 98>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:41pm
Sounds like the Mk IV to me. I know I've got a pic somewhere - I'll post it when I can find it.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:54pm
djeddie - I don't think it was a MkIV, JBL_man posted a pic of a mkIV on page one, and that version looks to have pfl switches under the faders - tho it does have the single led vu meter.

Mine would have been earlier - probably around the 1976-79 era.

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 8:11pm
Gaz Thanks for the pics of the SA400`s  they look good and I expect sound pretty good as well

Your SM650 is totally different to mine  Yours looks more like a  larger 550  I will do a pic of mine and post it on here
I may have a cue  switch but would need to see a close up pic of it
I dont have any spare slider or rotary knobs   I need nearly 100 rotary knobs for my mixers It is quite hard to find the ones with the flat edge on the shaft  Most of the modern pots have a  6mm splined shaft
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by GregM GregM wrote:

djeddie - I don't think it was a MkIV, JBL_man posted a pic of a mkIV on page one, and that version looks to have pfl switches under the faders - tho it does have the single led vu meter.

Mine would have been earlier - probably around the 1976-79 era.

Greg
Was it a SM330 mixer  there is one on Ebay at the moment in a console
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 10:35pm

My favourite Citronic console, my Hawaii IV.  This one is in mint condition, original Stanton 500's, still sounds great!  This one has a proper flightcase with Citronic lettering on rather than the purple cardboard box like some others. 

GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 11:02pm
Thats very tidy. Been well looked after!.
100% Earth Moving Bass
mrflibble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:48am

I bought this a few months ago off Ebay, not sure exactly of the year but judging by the info in other posts at least 20 years old.  The guy I bought it from had hardly ever used it from new, apart from a couple of marks on the wood it could be new.  Only paid £55, was well pleased!

The Hawaii was the console i'd always wanted in the late 80's, was way out of my price range though. I had a Linearsound Tornado then a Saxon Centaur, both were pretty dire looking back, cases made of chipboard, BSR decks made mainly of plastic etc.  At the time I thought they were great but the Citronic gear was in a different league.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:04pm
That a beautiful looking Hawaii IV there mrflibble   almost tempted to put that pic as my desktop if you dont mind  
I had one of those Saxon packages , console and 2 speakers  sounded terrible more hiss than music Eventually hooked it up to a Valve Sound City guitar amp  that sounded a lot better and was at least usuable  I think the Linearsound was similiar to the Fal Ranger
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:10pm
Heres a scan of a page from a 1970`s Disco International magazine  back inside cover I think
Ive done it as big as poss so you can zoom in on it
Shows those lovely CCM   (Calne Cabinet Manufactures) Speakers   They used to do all the woodwork for Citronic  and were just down the road from the Citronic factory  I think I have a pair of the 2 x12" ones  If Andy lets me have them !!!
You can see all the consoles in the pic  even a Delaware never actually seen one before  Everyone seemed to go for the Kansas or Iowa on the big consoles
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:46pm
[/QUOTE]
Was it a SM330 mixer  there is one on Ebay at the moment in a console [/QUOTE]

Mh - I didn't get to see the SM303 on ebay so can't be sure but, assuming the 303 to be a previous incarnation of the 313, I assume it was a 5 input desk - mine was a 6 input (2 mic, 2 decks, tape and aux) - if anybody's got a pic of a 303 I'd love to see it to be sure.

Am beginning to really panic that I can find a demo pic of the ol' girl somewhere now, but as it would pre-date my photographer career, I fear it may mean delving into the 'whoah, last resort;' of all 40 something blokes - the parental photo archive.......

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by GregM GregM wrote:

Was it a SM330 mixer  there is one on Ebay at the moment in a console [/QUOTE]

Mh - I didn't get to see the SM303 on ebay so can't be sure but, assuming the 303 to be a previous incarnation of the 313, I assume it was a 5 input desk - mine was a 6 input (2 mic, 2 decks, tape and aux) - if anybody's got a pic of a 303 I'd love to see it to be sure.

Am beginning to really panic that I can find a demo pic of the ol' girl somewhere now, but as it would pre-date my photographer career, I fear it may mean delving into the 'whoah, last resort;' of all 40 something blokes - the parental photo archive.......

Greg
[/QUOTE]
The SM330  was a  6 channel  mixer  heres a pic of the one on Ebay 
I kept emailing the seller to ask if they would send it by a carrier but did not get a reply till too late
Although I love the pics of JBLmans consoles and MrFlibbles one in pristine condition  I also like the well used ones after all thats what they were meant for   You can just imagine the history and amount of gigs these units have done
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 5:02pm
A pic of an very well used SM650  This one was from a famous gay club in Hull  cant imagine anyone on here has been there though
Has the optional XF150 crossfade unit as well This mixer does work but needs a few jobs doing also needs a power supply building for it as it needs +/- 15 volts at 1000ma to run it properly  the usual Citronic power supply  is only 300ma
Have found 2 old consoles in the unit today  Popular and severn in a Citronic wooden case  will get some pics done

Edited by Mhamplification - 23 December 2009 at 5:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 98>