Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Consoles, mixers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 98>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by GregM GregM wrote:

Martin/Colin, if you guys want to do a deal together on that console, I'm happy to go collect it for you

Swindon is only about a half hour down the M4 from me and I do the trip quite often. I could hold onto it til your ready.

Greg

As much as I'd love it no can do this side of Christmas. With 10 children between us and 6 grandchildren you can only imagine how tight cash is but the offer is muchly appreciated. 
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 12:01am
Wow Col, 10 - Balancing that lot's quite an achievement - I struggle with 4 and the concept of grandchildren hasn't featured so far!

Regards to you and the good lady - Each time i trip over it i still smile at rembering how pleased she was when I swept up that random empty cabinet you had kicking about your house, tho believe me it's still an empty cab!

G
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 3:10am
Originally posted by GregM GregM wrote:

Wow Col, 10 - Balancing that lot's quite an achievement - I struggle with 4 and the concept of grandchildren hasn't featured so far!

Regards to you and the good lady - Each time i trip over it i still smile at rembering how pleased she was when I swept up that random empty cabinet you had kicking about your house, tho believe me it's still an empty cab!

G

LOL I have a built in attenuator that cancels out the noise when the kids are here so I'm in my own little world so it's not that bad really.
Christmas time is a bit of a challenge though.  

That cabs been replaced with a pair of Martin AS118's I've been trying to sell as they take up most of the hallway, I like to keep her on her toes LOL

Edited by colint - 01 December 2012 at 3:11am
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
bigeyan01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigeyan01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 8:36pm
Hi newbie here just spent 2hrs reading and looking at all the Citronic stuff brilliant! I'm actually looking for a cct diagram for the grey sm 650 it's been used daily in my house every day since I bought it from Piccadilly Squires Mercury way Manchester! Fab bit of kit its been used to record stuff for Key103 Manchester and live on Viking FM Hull.The only problem is the phono sockets on the back have come away from the PCB(stopped my mic send/return working) Ah well.
I've also got a Citronic Trent 1 with the pioneer direct drive turn tables bought from new fantastic bit of kit too.Top components used in the build of Citronic kit. Thanks for some top memories,and its fantastic these things are still being used and loved nice one :-)
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by bigeyan01 bigeyan01 wrote:

Hi newbie here just spent 2hrs reading and looking at all the Citronic stuff brilliant! I'm actually looking for a cct diagram for the grey sm 650 it's been used daily in my house every day since I bought it from Piccadilly Squires Mercury way Manchester! Fab bit of kit its been used to record stuff for Key103 Manchester and live on Viking FM Hull.The only problem is the phono sockets on the back have come away from the PCB(stopped my mic send/return working) Ah well.
I've also got a Citronic Trent 1 with the pioneer direct drive turn tables bought from new fantastic bit of kit too.Top components used in the build of Citronic kit. Thanks for some top memories,and its fantastic these things are still being used and loved nice one :-)

Hi and welcome to the forum

the phono sockets can easily be re soldered to the PCB or if they are broken can be replaced
I did see some on ebay a while back   They are PCB mount type
I think this is the one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-Phono-PCB-Circuit-Board-Mount-Female-Socket-Connector-Yellow-/321019859806?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cable_Terminations&hash=item4abe46535e

I haven't seen a circuit diagram for the SM650 but I expect someone has one
Martin
bigeyan01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigeyan01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:02pm
Hey Martin thanks for that,l'm not looking forward to stripping it down! If memory serves it's amass of nuts and spacers :-)
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 6:55am
if it helps any i've got circuit diagrams for the sm450 mk2 which used a lot of shared components with the 550 and 650?
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 11:17am
Just thought you might like to look at this beastie, photo taken yesterday, you don't see them in this condition very often.
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 11:25am
yours john?
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 11:49am
Yeah. just (almost) finished rebuilding it yesterday, which gave me the compulsion to show it off.
Complete strip & repaint, after I was lucky enough to get an unused pair of turntables. I can hardly stand after all the angles I twisted into to fit parts!
Still wants a micro adjusting on one of the tone arms, and it seems I broke the headphone fader, so that means pulling the mixer apart.

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:03pm
You have  made a lovely job of that John,well done Sir.
Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:27pm
Cracking job John.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 98>