Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows xp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 1:28am
I have to agree the only OS I have used better than XP Pro SP3 was NT 4.o back in the day. If you want a legit copy of XP64 you may consider buying a copy of Win7 (which IMHO is going to be a lot better than XP in a service packs time) which will let you run XP64 on "downgrade Licence" because you own the right to run a higer OS you can get an XP key to run the older, "lower" OS.

I have WinXP ISOs for both retail and OEM keys so if you go this route and need Media let me know I will FTP them somewhere for you.

S
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 2:27am
rory34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rory34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 4:28pm
windows xp is problaly windows currenly most stable OS.

only difference between winXP, vista and win7 is the fact of hardware support with 64-bit support, directx, ram compatibillity and other software applications. if your trying to find cheep XP register key jus go to a local computer store they probs got som lying around spare and could either give u it or sell it to u for a good price.

bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 5:39pm
sorry, just realised I started dis one. I got 64 bit xp in the end and it works a treat. cheers
AME_Syst. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AME_Syst. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

a) Because I like it

b) Because I can't get any of my software to install on vista, I'm guessing due to better security settings against cracked software

c) I'm not sure...

maybe I should get windows 7, but the only reason I want this software is for a computer I'm making which is designed strictly for the purposes of making dub. All of my dub making software works/installs fine on xp but when I try and install it on vista it throws a wobbly cos it realises they are cracked versions I think. haven't tried on 7 as I don't know anyone with a copy.

I'd get 7 if I knew that I could get all the software to work because you can get it for 30 squid can't you? but I'm worried about doing that...

Get a cracked ver of vista then, they relatively easy to come by if you torrent it then key gen it, ive been using xp sp3 for years now, upgrading is too much hassle vista and 7 arent as well supported either being new kids on the block, i completely support your stand
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 12:08am
Vista is a pile of you know what.... borrow a Win7 disc, if you don't put a serial in you can use it for 30days (just un-tick the register once online box on the installer screen) give it a shot, you gotta be 64bit to use all your ram and Win 7 is pretty bloody compatable with all the stuff I have tried (both real and cracked...) I'd use an old HDD to test win7 on so you are not kanckering your XP build and if you like it and it runs your stuff roll the baby out....

Also runs a dream on MacBook Pros...

:-)

S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12