Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

urei 1601e power supply?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: urei 1601e power supply?
    Posted: 01 February 2010 at 1:51pm
i've murdered mine Cry

taken it to the doctor/surgeon and apparently soundcraft don't have any, if they do get one it'll take 3 months and cost me £80. looking at the cost of generic switchmode power supplies this is a little over the odds though there may be something i'm missing? according to the feller who's opened it up there's no reason a generic one couldn't be fitted but that the board isn't marked with output voltages, any ideas?

merry christmas, happy new year and all that, been a couple of months, hope none of the major posters have disappeared after any major bunfights Wink
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 6:00pm
This is one top shelf mixer. Shame it's discontinued. See here for block diagram.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 7:09pm
thanks for the reply, it is indeed a lovely mixer, unfortunately the block diagram yields no clues as to the specifications of the power supply.
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:11pm
the power supply primary100-230V , secundary ?V, 50W.
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

indeedLOL
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:38pm

Assuming it hasn't caught fire or been run over by a lorry
I will be able to mend it for you.

Edited by service dept Steve - 23 February 2015 at 8:56am
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:45pm
pmed!
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by boycey boycey wrote:

Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

indeedLOL

hehe this is all what I can tell you. LOL 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 11:50pm
Right, I've just heard from boycey that his power supply is installed and working.
Satisfied customer, I usually like to kill 'em and hang them on the workshop wall.
 And no, don't work on one yourself, 400v stings.
Steve

Edited by service dept Steve - 14 March 2014 at 7:22pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2010 at 12:38am
What about the PSU in a Soundcraft E8?  Played with those?  Got a long-term resident one in the workshop which refuses to be repaired.  I've verified everything except the SMPS transformer.  The PSU runs but only until the bootstrap supply is exhausted because the auxillary supply isn't coming up.  It's the second one I've had through my door with the same problem, never managed to fix the other one either.

I'll have another look one day.  It's not really worth buying a new PSU because it'd cost as much as buying another desk second hand.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2010 at 9:01am
Yes, worked on plenty of those, none of it is aided by ease of access!
I might be able to give you some pointers but unfortunately you would need to pm me because the inner workings of a smpsu is possibly not a good subject for open discussion just in case someone is watching whose needs exceed their skills! 

steve
t_groove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_groove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 10:11pm
hello to all
 i need help , i have UREI 1601 with power supply damaged.
Ask to STEVE and to all users if can give me the power supply voltage like in the power board write:
+V2
-V2
+V1
Agnd
Agnd
-V1

If is not much expensive how much for repair ?
consider that im from Italy.
thanks for the answer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>