Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

above 4 scoop...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:12pm
yes! thats why i built es18 bph!

but first, 15"reflex is tried and tested solution since a long time, and many sounds still use them with good results, it sounds good, nice sound for dub/roots, no need for extreme kick

second...natty would use the upper bass at 100hz and more, no need for a big box as usb/es18/turbosound tse118... i cross my hogs to es18 at 70hz, maximum 80hz, i wouldnt use it for 100hz and above, its a waste of good bass bin(imo), while a simpler, smaller box would be easier to build & move and cheaper to load

remember its not about ideal upper bass bin but what its better for nattys soundsystem.
also he uses b&c drivers, i dont know if they fit in the es18/usb/turbo style cabs

last one from me, today i had free time(thats why so many posts by me) and built a 12"reflex with 1"horn above, for monitor use. it took 2 hours, now i can just wait for the glue to dry and play some music... if u are in a hurry, reflex wins everytime...
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:14pm
Sorry but I don't get the point.
I mean you get the real ts parameters (from this guy that do this job) then sim a cab with this parameters.
then build the same cab simmed, and load this cab with the measured driver.
then measure the spl of this cab. In this way you obtain the difference between simming and real measurement.

that's real scientific truth that not belongs from personal tastes, just from measurement instruments.

however the tastes are tastes (i gusti son gusti).

Edited by bitzo - 22 February 2010 at 2:16pm
silworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:30pm
natty, do you know what speakers King Shiloh is currently using? I've seen a recent flyer and it seems they're using some kind of horn but I couldn't figure out which...
I'm in the same position as you and would prefer to build simple reflex but don't want to regret it later on...

SebP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 5:01pm
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 9:01am
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 9:20am
18sound cab without pushpull effect.
http://www.eighteensound.com/staticContent/applications/kits/18Sound_kit15_dual.pdf
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 9:46am
no! both speakers are front loaded!

bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

no! both speakers are front loaded!

yup...no pushpull effect... :)
reverse driver and wiring
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:27pm
any one have tested this before?

http://www.bcspeakers.com/suggested.php?id=0000000007

maybe i can build something like a double box reversed like the shilo's mid bass..
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:48pm
if you plan to use b&c sub15 as bass bin for small parties + kick bin for your full sound, thats a good idea.

if you plan to have a kick bin and stop, then i suggest you a midbass driver, not a sub. it would be  more efficient in a reflex box in the 100/200hz range and sound would be better
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
silworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:18pm
@Natty: I know Dub Tribulation outta Sweden use the BCSub 215 which is the double version of BCSub.

@King David: Which of the B&C drivers would you reckon to work good as a midbass driver? In your opinion, would the PD1550 or PD156 work well in this box?
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by silworm silworm wrote:

@King David: Which of the B&C drivers would you reckon to work good as a midbass driver? In your opinion, would the PD1550 or PD156 work well in this box?

PD1550 is a filthy beast, especially in right horn cab.

Ask Shant-I.. Embarrassed
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>