Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plywood WARPED Problem!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plywood WARPED Problem!!!
    Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:20pm
Hi all,

I am constructing two 186 bins from wbp plywood, after cutting it all to exact sizes and angles it has warped and bent out of shape drastically! I'm pretty pissed off to say the least, it means alot more filler (waterproof woodglue and plywood shavings mixed into a paste) some sanding and a heavy duty paint to cover over.

I wish I had known the extent that ply could warp beforehand, it is so messed up! ah well, i will take some pictures for you guys when they are complete, hopefully when everything is braced together it will work out.

any input?

will
BreakBeat!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:28pm
what type of ply did you get?
_banksy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:34pm
WBP water boil proof 10-12 laminate.
BreakBeat!
_banksy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:36pm
18mm
BreakBeat!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:06pm
that is weird. did it get wet or anything? where in ireland are you out of curiosity?
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:57pm
Not Chinese is it? Very poor some of that, someone on here mentioned this recently, all sorts of different wood in the mix apparently.
It just is.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:20am
just soak the panels in water the leave FLAT with a heavy weight to dry out

but do this in a warm room, if you do it outside in the cold it will take forever
_banksy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:05pm
Yeah it is chinese, it wasnt wet, just stored in a shed. i'm in limerick.
BreakBeat!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 4:02pm
mykeys right, soak, and dry with heavy weight.

lil more info for ya, guessing the sheds pretty humid, took you over the maximum saturation point and caused warping. Make sure to dry it out nicely
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply