Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPEAKER SHOOTOUT/MATRIX AMP DEMO AT SEDA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPEAKER SHOOTOUT/MATRIX AMP DEMO AT SEDA
    Posted: 13 March 2010 at 10:51pm
Sunday 21st March is the date of the shootout at

The Village Hotel
Castle View
Forstall Road
Maidstone
Kent
ME14 3AS for satnavs DOORS OPEN 7.30-11PM FREE ENTRY

Tony Wilkes will be doing a demo of three separate speaker systems designed and built by him, and available for home assembly from plans with BMS drivers, all powered by the latest lightweight Matrix amps. Bass will be handled by XP 5000, mids/top/mids by UKP 2100 and comps by UKP 1300. there will also be a public test/shootout between his new 2x12 bass bins and commercially available single or double 18's. Will the 12 outgun the 18's ? Maybe, but come along and judge for yourselves. Further details if you PM tony or email ajwilkes@talktalk.net.
Also on demo will be examples of of the full Matrix amp ranges ,which will be available for sale at trade prices to members of this Forum and SEDA Members only on the night. Matt ( Sinfinity ) will be on hand doing the demo's and answering any questions about the amps. There may also be a couple of new surprises on show. Further details from Matt by PM or email matt@ukamp.co.uk

Other exhibitors are DEnon Professional with their latest DJ kit, PCDJ with the new OOVJ system and Advanced Event Designs with their Deckstand Booth Micro. Our retailer for the night is CRS1/Enretainment House. Add to that SEDA Sop( cables/leads etc ), Second Hand table ane SEDA raffle, there should be something there for everyone.

So come and join us , bring some dosh and have a great time.

SEDA ( South Eastern Discotheque Association ) www.seda.org.uk

Cheers

Ian
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 11:00pm
PLEASE can tony bring so BMS coaxial HF's to this!

I really want to hear these
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Safetyman Safetyman wrote:

DOORS OPEN 7.30-11PM FREE ENTRY

Is this opening time a.m or p.m?

Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

+1

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:17pm
Hi Guys,

Its 7.30pm until 11.00pm( ish )

System 1 -  Twin 8inch mid-tops with Twin 12 inch bass cabs. Powered by Matrix XP 5000 bass, Matrix UKP2100X Mids and UKP 1300X on Comps.

System 2 - Twin 12 inch + Comp boxes powered by Matrix UKP 2100 Bass/Mids and UKP 100X Comps.

System 3 - Twin 12 inch + Comp boxes Mid/Tops with Twin 15 inch Bass Bins powered as System 1.

Cheers
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:42pm
This sounds good!
I might attend, its a tad far but if i get some people together it'l be an alright trip
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:43pm

I will not have enough time to demo the Co-Axials but there is a new design utilising 4 x 12" drivers and a Neo co-axial which will be finished in the near future. This would be available for demo's if required.

Tony
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:44pm

oh that is a real shame

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 14 March 2010 at 5:48pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:54pm

oh that is a real shame

Come and have a listen to the 4552nd comps instead. I guarantee that when you see the physical size of these little buggers (crossed at 1.2K) they will have you shaking your head. Smile

Tony
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 6:33pm
i wish i could get down to have a listen
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Safetyman Safetyman wrote:

DOORS OPEN 7.30-11PM FREE ENTRY

Is this opening time a.m or p.m?

ConfusedBig smileBig smileDead

tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:13pm
Can his bass bins take proper power or is there a limit?
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:48pm
Hmmm...  Would really like go and finally hear all those boxes, but why Maidstone and why so late?  Anyone local know of any cheap hotels?
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>