FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lenco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lenco
    Posted: 13 July 2011 at 10:38pm
is he still in bell street i know last time i went there was a business in the shop doing old analouge audio for hire not for sale and no sign of deny 
mainly for photo shoots and filming
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Non-Smoking Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Non-Smoking Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 2:19pm
Yes I remember 'tricky' Trickett. Bought a TD150 off him way back. Now trading as GT Audio.
Science over Religion
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by billso billso wrote:

Nitz these guys also make idler wheels they are not cheap and i have never seen one but i belive the 4hf and the 301 used the same part?
I have also sent you the number i have for martin.

Cheers Billso, cheers for the info mate. The idlers are the same . A good company who do spares for old school decks are Technical & general who used to advertise in hi-fi world years ago.
I lost their number so if anyone can help it would most appreciated .
EDIT- found it !!!! 01892 654534.LOL

Edited by Nitz V1505 - 25 April 2010 at 12:43pm
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 2:37am
sold my thoren 125 to deny tricketts bell st nw8 anyone on hear remember his shop memoriesClap
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
billso View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 8:28pm
Nitz these guys also make idler wheels they are not cheap and i have never seen one but i belive the 4hf and the 301 used the same part?
I have also sent you the number i have for martin.

billso View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 8:14pm
Hi deadbeat what rega are you using at the moment?
A couple of years ago just to prove a point to a friend about how bad the p3 sounds i bolted my rb300 to a tidy lenco i picked up for a fiver and played it against the p3.
I had not even cleaned or oiled the lenco and it still wiped the floor with the rega.
Both tts had the same cartridge fitted (goldring 1042).
My friend payed me a fiver on the spot and put the armless rega on ebay.
I think with a bit of thought about the perfect plinth and arm combo a lenco could easily compete against 401s/301s/124s.
Keep us posted on how you get on.

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 6:23pm
I have a Lenco L75 that I'm modding. Will post pics when done.

With appropriate plinth mods, new tonearm, etc, I'm hoping it'll replace my old old Rega.
Away on extended leave.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Stepping Razor Stepping Razor wrote:

THORENS TD 124 MK2 
 That is the only deck I know of that has a clutch!!!!!!   wicked deck.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

Originally posted by Nitz V1505 Nitz V1505 wrote:

My decks are packed away in boxes at the moment so was unable to post any pictures but will do as soon as I set em up.
...bad move. I did that with my Thorens in 1993 - got it out again 14 or15 years later and have spent most of the time since then getting it working properly. Of course, it could be worse - you could have put all your vinyl in boxes - it should be part of today's marriage vows after the usual 'love, honour & obey' there should be '...and promise not to insist my loved one's vinyl be banished to the attic.'                                                  
 Only packed away for a year or so,Tried the 301 fired up to speed straight away!!!!!
the 4hf took a little while longer,I think it might need a new idler wheel.
Anyone know Dr Bastions number?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 9:05am
The 125 is the turntable that I most regret not purchasing. A mate of mine still has one that he uses with a 3009 mkII and a V15 and he only has me round his place so he can gloat.

The big thing at the time when they came out was to hold listening sessions with the 125 and the Connoisseur BD1 (Kit or ready made) to see if anyone could hear a difference.

Tony
Stepping Razor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stepping Razor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 10:21pm
THORENS TD 124 MK2 
Stepping Razor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stepping Razor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 10:18pm

THORENS 125 MK 2

click to zoom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>