Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get Your Racks Out Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 109>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 6:57pm
Didn't know Sainsbury's barkery sold vintage C-Audio gear!
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by mikey bear mikey bear wrote:

Clap
Clap
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by mikey bear mikey bear wrote:

Clean as a fooking whistle mate. Nice!!

Clap
Clap
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 3:12am
Where do we stand on racks like that for protective abilities?
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Don't usually hang out in here .... in a frivolous mood so .....

Well here's _my_ amp rack :-)

Its the new 5.5" rack form factor, don'cha know :-) (Was trying to find a bit of Meccano to make it a rack, but couldn't). Forgot to put my hand in the picture for scale, but you can gauge the size from the RCA sockets on the back :-)

So - when you guys with the racks full of 9000 watt amplifiers have finished falling off chairs laughing, consider this :-

This little lot delivers a total of 80W of clean sound - for _many_ hours - into 4 x 4R loads. What you see there includes the power source. The whole lot weighs a smidge over 1Kg. It worls reliably and flawlessly - including under adverse conditions e.g. tropical heat, salty air, chucked around in the bottom of a rucksack .... and it costs probably less than a couple of speakon cables :-)
Cheap Chinese sh*t it maybe ..... but .....

Just finished this & thought it apt to show it after yours ;) Class D, it's the TDA8920BTH wired for bridge, if the datasheet is to be believed it'll do >200W RMS into 4R (datasheet says 'typical' 210W into 6R at 10% THD). I have absolutely no use for such an amp, I bought the board for a portable build without realising it needs a symmetric power supply & figured I may as well put it in a box with a toroid rather than sticking it in the cupboard never to play again!

SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 11:04pm
Dude, lovely case, lovely build and you go and just write on it with a marker? Tsk :p
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 11:18pm
Function > form all the way :D Saying that the marker will rub off... so it's not even that functional...
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 10:48pm
Here's a bunch of units just made for my young protege. He had a high tower that was very hard to move especially up and down stairs, Here's our solution, nothing new here of course. Cabs lock with rubber feet and recesses. The bottom unit will contain the Distro.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any body fancy a trip down to the Royal tomorrow night, it's John's birthday and he will be playing on his own set. set to finnish around 5am. 
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 11:11am
Nice and clean design Thumbs Up.
music is the message
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 2:06pm
thats an intresting design. would like to see it loaded up 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 3:59pm
Do the distro cables come out the front and then loop around to the rear then? I was expecting to see white Powercons on the rear of the bottom case.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 4:03pm
that's a cool looking bike in the background!
me so horny, me love you long throw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 109>