Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 95

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AME_Syst. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by illuminate illuminate wrote:

I still miss Windows 98 SE! Cry I bet DOS would be dangerously fast!

yeah i remember when i had to run a program i had to remember the dos codes and everything for it!! Htose were the days :D
Stageblue18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stageblue18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 7:24pm
we used to have a win95 pc, could only get dial-up internet on it though.

now we have vista, broadband is fast, but the pc is slow and crashes couple of times every night Angry

how easy is it to build a win 95 pc? want the old one back!
AME_Syst. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AME_Syst. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Stageblue18 Stageblue18 wrote:

now we have vista, broadband is fast, but the pc is slow and crashes couple of times every night Angry

I think if you go for an windows 7 pc, out of recommendation but ive never tried it, but i'd go for xp they still make softare compatible with xp, its pretty cheap to get, well supported and reliable, i support xp all the way.

You could build a win 95 if you wanted but after the nostalgia runs out you'll be left with a headache m8, all the best anyways
LondonTowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LondonTowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Stageblue18 Stageblue18 wrote:

i wouldnt build a windows 95 PC, it doesnt have alot of the network services as standard.

I still have a windows 98 SE machine which has all the terminal server stuff, all the TCP/IP etc, the only thing it doesnt have is TOS packet scheduling, and QOS which is annoying as it means it wont prioritise video and voice traffic over standard internet traffic = slower all round experiance :(

If you want a good solid stable machine, windows XP SP3 cut down to bare bones wins every time, although i must say, server2008 is impressing us at our work on VM machines, and windows 2008 client edition which is what we run via citrix on our LAN works very well, although dont try using remote desktop clients on it without hacking the registry to death as they all run slow-as-hell :(
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 5:50pm
ive got an old p600 laptop with 98 on.. only realy use it for service manuals etc , whacked a more up to date faster HDD in and it flies, board wouldnt take no more than 384meg of ram so it was ideal
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)