Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

186 build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:31pm
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Wrighty Wrighty wrote:

You can see what I did with mine here:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/modified-186-horn-build-pics-more-added-10-06-09_topic21015_page3.html

I think I would go with this. About the wheels Wrighty  does it not rattle during the set especially if you laid them side ways?
Bass matters...
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:26pm
Nah, they're rattle-free castors. Loads of people use them.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
Alimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by backlash backlash wrote:

Originally posted by Timbadd Timbadd wrote:

Yeah it's fine, you can use the ridge at the front or grip the 2 side panels but there was nothing at the back to grip unless I put them there. I would've put more on but I didn't want them to be visible in the mouth or to disrupt the signal path so I just left it at that. No doubt when I come to carry them up a narrow staircase I'll wish I'd put more on Big smile

Bring on the top floor of hole in the wall then! From experience its not nice.

bring to perfect 5th taunton used to take our 1850's there before knocking everything off all the walls haha gotta carry down a spiral staircase that they dont fit down so have to pass them over the banastar its savage!
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:12pm
Ah yes, I remember you or dick telling me that the other week!

Our double bins wouldn't fit down there then.
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
DjJosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 5:16pm
final color is nice, paint id?
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 5:28pm
You can't be serious?

It is the most common colour of speaker paint!

Try aldcrofts tuffcab "BLACK"

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
DjJosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 5:34pm
yea but try to  find this color in estonia :S
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 6:02pm
Oh, I apologise right look for black paint, erm truck bed stuff apparently is meant to do the trick.

Sound Hire
DjJosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 2:44pm
Timbadd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timbadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 10:02am
Yeah that should give you similar results
Timbadd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timbadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 2:39pm
Tested these outdoors at the weekend with 2 ev force-i midtops and 2 ev force-i subs, sounded sweet, really warm not too imposing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>