Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-= SHOW OFF YOUR WORKMANSHIP=-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -= SHOW OFF YOUR WORKMANSHIP=-
    Posted: 23 April 2010 at 8:31pm
I don't personally have any word working skills but i feel like there should be a thread here for people are particularly happy with their routing skills or rounded edges etc...

Although its not directly related here's a couple of pics of an ambisonics decoder i was quite proud of.

Pretty straight forward circuit, this is the first hands on project I've been happy with

The encoders a little more tricky
n^2 modulo -P = number wang
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 8:34pm
Evil Smile 
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:27pm
very nice vpas. I can see its 1st order b format to 8 speaker cube configuration, I was just wondering If it was intended for PA or studio use?
VPAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 9:00am
Just a f-ckabout danny, uni project.

Using plugins and a pc is the forward really. The beauty of b-format is it can be played back over any configuration of speakers so why limit to just one...
I wouldnt mind building a hardware encoder if i can get hold of some plans

Edited by VPAS - 24 April 2010 at 9:09am
n^2 modulo -P = number wang
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 9:52am
my ambisonics system uses a pc, progress has kind of stalled though as we aren't finding the time to develop the user interface much and until such a point it's rather difficult to make it actually do anything...

anyway, not loudspeakers either, but here is build 1.2 of my short wheelbase recumbent. this is just before i chop it up again and instigate version 1.3, due to have a smaller front wheel, shorter wheelbase and under seat steering. building bikes isn't that hard, building really good bikes seemingly is.

james.

mardy hippy.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 10:22am

thats well interesting! whats it like to ride?

james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

thats well interesting! whats it like to ride?

err, not that great really; hence build version 1.3...

generally i'm buying the whole recumbent experience, i get a lot of wrist and back problems on my upright so this is a very ergonomic solution, but i've not got it right yet. the interaction between seat angle and bottom bracket height is definitely wrong, i end up curling up in the seat as my torso slides down and there isn't any support on the fleshy part of my bum. also the steering... that's really dodgy on this build! i've put about 50 miles on it and crashed rather too many times, hence my intention to switch to under seat steering. 

but yeah, bike building: top hobby, very rewarding...

james.
mardy hippy.
freeytrap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeytrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 10:50am
have you had a look at atomic zombi i forgot to mention it the outher day
he sells plans but i gess you could get some good idears if you didnt want to by plans
dylan

http://www.atomiczombie.com/
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 11:15am
Originally posted by freeytrap freeytrap wrote:

have you had a look at atomic zombi i forgot to mention it the outher day
he sells plans but i gess you could get some good idears if you didnt want to by plans
dylan

http://www.atomiczombie.com/

wow!!! some top bikes on there 
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 4:10pm
Hmm this thread seems like a good opportunity to show off a little woodworking trick :P

The above shows a rebated joint inside a bootybass cab, the internal panel is rounded over with a 5mm radius router bit, the rebate itself was made with a 10mm diameter (ie 5mm Radius!) bit. The result of these two both sharing the 5mm radius is that theres nothing to chip out and no open area in the rebate either, fits mm perfect :D

Shame about the missing bit at the joint between internal panels though! got to admit i could not be arsed to put the extra effort into avoiding that one.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 6:22pm
nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply