Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:51pm
Cheers chaps.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
Jakuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 6:21pm
hello 

Do you reccommend 2.2 setup or 4.1 setup. Please answer. Thank you.
Jakuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 6:22pm
hello 

Do you reccommend 2.2 setup or 4.1 setup. Please answer. Thanks.
Jakuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 6:23pm
hello 

Do you reccommend 2.2 setup or 4.1 setup. Please answer. Thanks in anvance
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:10pm
Spamming in NO way to get an answer...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 9:44am
Obvious triple-post error is obvious.

2.2 100%.

4.1 is only suitable for very specific applications like indoors pseudo-surround home theatre type thing, or chaining a system around multiple rooms in a house. Anything else and especially outdoors and you'll be wanting for sub.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 9:31pm
it's summer, bbqs in my backyard and such and want a to plug the mini rig into my phone for some hassle-free tunes while I turn the meat. It's long since I gave up on the Bluetooth, which is 10-12 dB quieter than line in but now the sound randomly cuts out. F@cking unusable. 
When it works it sounds good but this driving me mad this has got to go.  I bought the Minirig on the strength of the forum, supporting a new product if you liked me, but I've been burned! I contacted the service goons who said to turn off/on. Bollox.
Like I said, it soubds good.  Tell me what to buy, It's a crowded
Market out there. Let me know if you want me his piece of sh@t and I will send it p&p free. 
You live and learn, dont buy a Minirig unless you want disappointment. 
S

semaj8james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semaj8james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 11:23am
I like my Minirig - you located in GB/EU? I'll buy it!
What color and model is it?

Do you guys know if theres much difference between MRBT and MRBT-2?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

it's summer, bbqs in my backyard and such and want a to plug the mini rig into my phone for some hassle-free tunes while I turn the meat. It's long since I gave up on the Bluetooth, which is 10-12 dB quieter than line in but now the sound randomly cuts out. F@cking unusable. 
When it works it sounds good but this driving me mad this has got to go.  I bought the Minirig on the strength of the forum, supporting a new product if you liked me, but I've been burned! I contacted the service goons who said to turn off/on. Bollox.
Like I said, it soubds good.  Tell me what to buy, It's a crowded
Market out there. Let me know if you want me his piece of sh@t and I will send it p&p free. 
You live and learn, dont buy a Minirig unless you want disappointment. 
S

...I'll buy it off you if you hate it that much! I could do with a second. I'll just send it back for a service and it'll be good as new...

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 4:20pm
Occam's Razor: Either everyone who's had a trouble free experience with their Minirig or a positive experience with their customer support is wrong/naive/lucky/etc, or you're being unreasonable. 

Sometimes products break or malfunction, then they need to be fixed. You honestly don't think that's a risk with any of the alternatives from Bose and the like? Does Minirig have a higher rate of malfunction than the average device in the price bracket when put under the same level of stress? Unless you can determine that somehow you can't make a blanket judgement on the basis of your bad experience. I bet people treat their Minirigs a lot more roughly on average than a more delicate looking speaker. I know I did!

The first line of advice from any reasonable customer support is going to be to advise the most common fixes for the problem, and you'll need to push past their flow-chart or whatever it is they use to remotely determine faults. Why would it be any other way? The sheer number of requests they get from people who've failed to try basic troubleshooting (try alternative cable, push cable in properly, try alternative Bluetooth device, switch off and on, etc etc) will be so substantial, and such a waste of time and money otherwise, that they obviously need to rule them out first.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 11:05pm
Agreed... except the occams razor bit. That's not how occams razor works.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:11am
It's exactly how Occam's Razor works. The hypothesis which makes the least amount of assumptions is usually the correct one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 79>