Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 79>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

It's exactly how Occam's Razor works. The hypothesis which makes the least amount of assumptions is usually the correct one.
...more towards the one that makes the fewest assumptions is the one that should be chosen.. not necessarily the correct answer.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 7:34pm
Sure - usually correct, most likely to be correct. It's more usual that the hypothesis with the least amount of assumptions will be correct than the hypothesis with more assumptions (that's why a caveat 'all things being equal' is often added).

I didn't specify either possibility as being correct, I just presented them, so what made you say that's not how it works?

Maybe I presented a false dichotomy but I think that's pretty much the way of it. The only way the reaction could be reasonable (never buy Minirig unless you want disappointment, useless customer service goons) would be if the heavily weighted percentage of contradictory experiences reported in both areas could be attributed to ignorance/error/etc on the part of those supposedly satisfied users.

Edited by Hemisphere - 02 July 2018 at 7:45pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
semaj8james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semaj8james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 1:01pm
Anyone have experiences with the MRBT vs MRBT 2? Wondering if it's worth £30-£40 to spend upgrading my MRBT1 by selling it. 

Would I be crazy in getting Minirigs and a dedicated home subwoofer? The two rigs for on the govuse and the home sub for when I get home?

Wish I could audition them all in person.
thattkyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thattkyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 4:12pm
I run mine through a 12" sub and it sounds great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semaj8james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:13pm
Ooo perfect! Does the minirig carry a good sound sig when paired with a 'proper' sub? That's my ideal portable, modular setup. 2 Minirigs for on the go and a home sub when at home.
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 10:34pm
I’ve an MRBT2 and a mini, just ordered a sub and can’t wait to hear it. 
Any more updates or new products in the pipeline?
I’d like to see a large Minirig with a really high end driver in it.
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:50pm
Had the Minirig Sub a few days now and have put it through its paces. It’s amazing to say the least, can’t believe how much punchy bass it creates, especially when placed in a bay window in a house I’ve been wiring. Definitely Worh buying and I think this is Minirigs finest product.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 11:40am
My minirig which has served me well since 2013ish got some water damage in my tent. Consequently it switches on but makes random loud cracks / white noise burst and won't play. I opened it up and dried it out but no luck. Anyone had a similar issue by any chance? Hoping its a relatively straightforward fix...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semaj8james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2018 at 12:35pm
Looks like the MRBT-3 is due to launch soon!

https://fccid.io/2AD65MRBT3

Tests and such have been submitted to the FCC. That means the end design and such is complete and we'll be seein a 3rd Gen Bluetooth coming out soon! Fingers crossed for APTx and other fun stuff! Can't wait to get one:)
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 8:55pm
Interesting. Look forward to hearing more.
MattSPL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattSPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 10:59am
Minirig 3 available now!
kosenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:30pm
I dropped my Minirig Mini speaker and now the sound is very distorted, even at low volume. Is there a way to fix it myself or do I have to send it back for repair?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 79>