Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 79>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

If you have two Minirigs and only 1 turns off when you turn off from the sub, you can fix this with a single silion diode (not schottky) and custom cable:

Buy a 4-pole 3.5mm jack and 4-pole 3.5mm socket
Connect up the GND, left and right together directly using cable. 
Place a silicon signal diode (not schottky) in series with the switch line. Anode on the jack side and cathode on the socket side. 
Place this custom cable in series with the custom splitter cable, on the side which plugs into the Minirig which DOES turn off ok. 

Hope that helps

Many thanks Davey. Is this something I could do internally? I don't really want to open it up at all but the lack of extra cabling would be a bonus!

Also, is the reason this happens due to a change internally in the newer models of minirig?
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
willdcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willdcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 5:30pm
I've bought the stuff I need to do this myself. I am a noob so have requested assistance at the below link. (In case anyone here is interested and wants to help out.  

http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic89506_post895929.html#895929

Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:13pm
Finally i got my Minirig for Christmas!
I am realy impressed by the sound of that little thing, i still cant totally get how its even possible.

After my girlfriends brother heard it he also wanted one, got a lot of friends thats looking forward to hear it.
so maybe there will be more orders from Denmark.

Davey, you have done great! Awesome build quality and great looks.
the only thing there was to complain about was the rubber feet has gone outer place.

liked to know if theres other in Denmark who has a minirig?
could be nice to couple up.

greetings.
Blaize110 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaize110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 7:04pm
For anyone who's after a Minirig, i've just put up two Minirigs and a USB solar charger for sale in the For Sale forum. - http://forum.speakerplans.com/minirigs-and-solar-charger-from-mongol-rally_topic90116.html

These were kindly donated by DaveyT and Bimble Solar for our trip on the Mongol Rally, in which we drove to Mongolia and back in a 1992 Nissan Micra (www.yurtlush.co.uk). All the money raised will go towards our fund-raising total for Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), so grab a bargain and feel good about it at the same time!
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2015 at 1:28pm
I have been playing my Minirig for 2-3 weeks now, and it goes with me to work every day, to replace the stereo there.
When i wanted to show it to my colleagues, i didn't knew what song to test it with to show it's best performance.

I am using Röyksopp feat. Susanne Sundfør - Running to the sea, as it has alot of cool tunes and it all goes clear through.

So what song do all you others use when you showing of your Minirig?Smile
asidhowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asidhowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 4:21pm
Just Ordered a MiniRig last night, going travelling and looking at some portable battery banks/solar chargers, would anyone know a good brand that would be suitable for the Minirig? was looking at this... http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/power-bank-5000-mah-solar-panel-charger-rain-resistant-and-dirt-shockproof-dual-usb-port/6226023
any suggestions would be great!
Looking forward to getting the Minirig, first came across it in Goa a few years back and have been dying to get one.
Peace!
asidhowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asidhowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 1:57pm
..also thinking of getting another mini rig.. not sure if getting a minisub would be better than getting another minirig.. can't get both right now.. how us the sub with just one minirig? ?
Thanks.
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 2:07pm
I had one minirig for about 18 months and then I got the sub. I was very happy! Wouldn't go back on that - they work very well together. 

I have since acquired a second mini rig a few months ago and overall I am very pleased. I only really missed stereo imaging after I got the second one. So, I would say get the sub first from my personal experience.

Total time from first minirig to full 2.1 setup was over 2 years as I know they are expensive but they are definitely worth it!
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
asidhowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asidhowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 4:57pm
Thanks for that, yep the minisub is quite expensive though, would work out about €225 delivered to Ireland for the sub so not sure if two rigs would be better first, although the extra bass would be nice with the sub.. thanks again..
66DeCo99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66DeCo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 1:13am
Girlfriend just ordered me a minirig for my birthday! In the techno colour! Can't wait for it to arrive, if it's as good as people are saying, I'm getting the sub next and taking it to work, camping and cycling.

Super exited to say the least. Thumbs Up
The zone of danger
66DeCo99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66DeCo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 8:03pm
It came today when I got in from work. It's a lot lighter than I thought, but that means nothing. This thing is unbelievable for its size and I'm definitely getting the sub. WELL DONE PASCE!!!
Oh and I got it in the techno colour
The zone of danger
NiPZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiPZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 5:07pm
Hi all! Was just wondering if anyone could clear something up for me! 

I've bought my MiniRig about this time last year but a couple of days ago It stopped working and when I go to charge it it just flashes red, I have tried lots of different cables but all with the same results anyone had this problem before? 

Can't handle working in this kitchen without music! 

Cheeers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 79>