Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 79>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by willdcc willdcc wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrse Kerrse wrote:

The Mini Rig Sub has an on & off button so when linked with the minrig 2.1 cable this button turns them off  & on the Mini rigs Smile

Just want to check I've understood correctly. If you have the sub plugged into the minirig the on/off switch can turn them both on/off? Does this mean that an in line on/off switch would work for a minirig on its own? 

It only works with the 2.1 lead.. as far as i know. I have both my mini rigs rigs running off the sub with the 2.1 lead & it turns them off when i turn the sub off :)
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 10:20am

The Mini Rig Sub has an on & off button so when linked with the minrig 2.1 cable this button turns them off  & on the Mini rigs Smile

Just want to check I've understood correctly. If you have the sub plugged into the minirig the on/off switch can turn them both on/off? Does this mean that an in line on/off switch would work for a minirig on its own? 

It only works with the 2.1 lead.. as far as i know. I have both my mini rigs rigs running off the sub with the 2.1 lead & it turns them off when i turn the sub off :)

I have the 2.1 lead with the sub, a newer minirig and an older one. Only the newer one is powered on/off with the sub - the older one still needs the cable pulling.
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
Kerrse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by angus angus wrote:

I have the 2.1 lead with the sub, a newer minirig and an older one. Only the newer one is powered on/off with the sub - the older one still needs the cable pulling.

Very odd i bought both my minirigs in 2012 & they both turn off :0)
willdcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willdcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 11:21am
it seems to me that there is some kind of signal being sent through the 2.1 cable that tells the minirig(s) to turn off. is anyone able to explain how that would work? maybe an inline on/off switch on an aux cable is achievable? 

thanks
Kerrse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 11:28am

it seems to me that there is some kind of signal being sent through the 2.1 cable that tells the minirig(s) to turn off. is anyone able to explain how that would work? maybe an inline on/off switch on an aux cable is achievable? 

thanks

Speak to Davey T, he will be able to tell you :)

willdcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willdcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 12:55pm

thanks

Speak to Davey T, he will be able to tell you :)

http://forum.speakerplans.com/member_pro.asp?PF=56 - http://forum.speakerplans.com/member_profile.asp?PF=56

Thanks mate. I don't see a way of sending a direct message unfortunately. I'm sure he will pick up on this sooner or later. In the meantime if anyone has any ideas I'd be interested to hear them! 

Completing the 2.1 set isn't an option for me really as I have very limited space and weight allowance for my upcoming year abroad. 
Kerrse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 1:58pm
I couldn't imagine not having the sub now !
rich21 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 5:54pm
the on-off uses a 4pole jack T/R/R/sleeve .. very simple way of controlling them :-)

Rich
willdcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willdcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by rich21 rich21 wrote:

the on-off uses a 4pole jack T/R/R/sleeve .. very simple way of controlling them :-)

Rich

Hi Rich. Does that mean that it would be possible to make an 3.5mm lead with an inline on/off switch? 

Thanks! 
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 12:47pm
the sockets on the Minirig are both 4-pole: 

Tip = left in/out
1st ring = right in/out
2nd ring = switch
last ring = GND

Just pull the switch line to ground to turn the minirig on. Disconnect it from ground and it will turn off. 

If you imagine a normal 3-pole 3.5mm jack already has the 2nd ring and last ring connected, so thats why it turns on the Minirig when you plug the cable in. 

Minirig portable soundsystem movement
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 12:59pm
If you have two Minirigs and only 1 turns off when you turn off from the sub, you can fix this with a single silion diode (not schottky) and custom cable:

Buy a 4-pole 3.5mm jack and 4-pole 3.5mm socket
Connect up the GND, left and right together directly using cable. 
Place a silicon signal diode (not schottky) in series with the switch line. Anode on the jack side and cathode on the socket side. 
Place this custom cable in series with the custom splitter cable, on the side which plugs into the Minirig which DOES turn off ok. 

Hope that helps
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
willdcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willdcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

the sockets on the Minirig are both 4-pole: 

Tip = left in/out
1st ring = right in/out
2nd ring = switch
last ring = GND

Just pull the switch line to ground to turn the minirig on. Disconnect it from ground and it will turn off. 

If you imagine a normal 3-pole 3.5mm jack already has the 2nd ring and last ring connected, so thats why it turns on the Minirig when you plug the cable in. 

Appreciate your help daveyt. New accessory idea for the Minirig? A 3.5mm cable with inline on/off switch. I'd pay £10-£15 for one! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 79>