Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

series II P-Audio SN-12MB in X12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: series II P-Audio SN-12MB in X12
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:56pm
I'm finally going to construct a pair of X12's, and I'm planning to use the SN-12MB's Rog suggested in his original design.
The series I drivers are no longer made, they are replaced with the series IIhttp://www.paudio.ro/pdf/products/SN-12MB.pdf which have a much higher AES value of 600 watts, high value for money as I can get them for around 140,- euro a piece.
I don't have the T/S parameters of the old series I, so don't know if these can be replaced without making modifications to dimension of the cabinet.

Anybody can help in this situation?
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 5:52pm
THey should work well in the X12

the power is not AES it's RMSCool
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
smithshorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithshorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:45pm
From the info I have the "original" SN12B had a qts of .16, a VAS of 68 and an FS of 48.4
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:56am
Do you mean the original SN12MB or SN12B mr. Smith?
Because they are not the same.
If I compare those T/S with the T/S parameters of the new one they are very different, the new type will not go below 100 hz very efficiently I think?
I have to cut my subs at about 80 to 100 hz, so there will be not much room to play with.
smithshorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithshorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 7:42pm
My mistake. I thought I had the "old" PDF in my files. I'll have to look again.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:59am
I have the old PDF for the SN12MB, If you want to send me a PM with your Email address I will send it to you.

Tony
lee500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 11:32am
Thanks for sharing this post.This site is very helpful for me and others
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 5:29pm
I have two of those new SNII series. Will test them next week.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:47am
well marjan, did you test them? i'm reading a lot about 12" drivers for X12 type boxes these days..
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:04pm
To be honest i didnt had a time to do it. Today i am cutting some plywood for the new Bold Audio BA12 model and i will try to do spare baffles.
Problem is that they dont fit in any of my boxes. They need few mm bigger hole.

What i can tell is that they are super light, they are nicely build, but from what i can see they have very stiff suspensions and i dont think they will go very low. Not sure that they can be used in a full range box.
I expect great results 80Hz and above. Maybe they need to run in a bit. Dunno. This few days will tell.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:21pm
i'm just running ideas round my head at the moment.. no concrete plans. but in the next couple of months i may put something together for something: a pair of g-subs with fane xbs, and a pair of X12 type tops, with p-audio horns and comps (which i already have), and i'm thinking over the 12" drivers.

weight wouldn't be an issue at all, so if things are more expensive just because they're light, i'd go for the heavy...

with that in mind.. currently thinking about the BMS 12S320..

cheers anyway.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:42pm
You cant go wrong with bms. Comparing the build quality between paudio and bms, paudio dont stand a chance at all. I have a lot of bms drivers now having take over the complete Bold Audio production and no real comparison to be honest. Only advantage on the paudio side is the price. Not sure what the price is there, i got them for 85 us$ each.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>