Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS Concert and Q System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASS Concert and Q System
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 6:17pm
Are there plans for the ASS Concert and Q System, especially the Bass/Lo Mid/Mid enclosures, available?
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:14pm
Can't say I've ever seen any? (no surprise there then?)
why not pop over the freespeakerplans and mail Tony? you never know you may be lucky, but probably not!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:34pm
It would be very hard to build the  ASS concert bass bins,they use a lot of curved ply sections.

Much easier to build the Martin 215 mk11,which is very similar,but easier to construct due to using flat panels in the mouth area.
Be seeing you.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

It would be very hard to build the  ASS concert bass bins,they use a lot of curved ply sections.

Much easier to build the Martin 215 mk11,which is very similar,but easier to construct due to using flat panels in the mouth area.

... and the plans being easier to find!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 7:30am
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

... and the plans being easier to find!

...and easier to move as well

But I don't care, I have no intention to build them, beside the fact that the Gauss/RCF drivers aren't available anymore, I just want to compare them with similar vintage designs, ie Martin 215 MKII/Martin MH212/FANE 2x12" long throw/Celestion Pavillion 215, just for interests, I want to sim them and detect the differences, compare size and internal layout variations.
Obviously the ASS Concert System counts to one of the real big vintage fishes, so I have to include them into my "shootout" as well as above mentioned historical big flh modular designs.
I really like this oldschool style, in my opinion the old Peavey Project One/Two are also very impressive, unfortunately there are no plans available as well, altought all of these are out of production for years.
Why? Is nobody interested in these designs? Maybe because of their size and weight?

Edited by Ibex - 29 May 2010 at 9:23am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 8:27am
Arrr,i understand now.
As Colin suggests,try and speak to Tony directly,but i have a feeling the plans are probualy in his head,and not actually on paper!
Be seeing you.
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Tony A.S.S. Tony A.S.S. wrote:

Hi Mate, Just been over to the other side and read the posts. There has never been any plans for ASS product. This is the main reason. Most of the Name builders like Martin, Turbosound etc. have never built there own cabs. They have always relied on outside builders such as myself to build them. Consequently, they always had to produce working drawings for manufacture. Regarding ASS, all my cabs were designed on full size on sheets of ply, from that, jigs and patterns were produced. So when a cab commences production, a cutting sheet is all that is needed, hence no plans as such.
I don't have any jigs or patterns for these cabs. These were all disposed of nearly 3 years ago when I thought I might be putting down the saw for good.

jbl_man, unfortunately you were right :(
Would you be so kind and give me the external dimensions (back width, front radius, corner angles, side length) of the Concert 215 bass and the Concert 212 low mid cabs, as I have seen on here that you had refurbished a few of these bins?

Does anyone know if the Q 215 w-bins have a rectangular footprint?

thx in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply