Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Polar Bear" Scoop build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwing_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 5:08pm
Respect to pfly for designing this great scoop, hope to read you soon!
Bigups to Sinai for doing it the proper way, you guys really push the culture!

Edited by Darkwing_Dub - 29 June 2020 at 1:08pm
Darkwing_Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwing_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:20am
Anyone who like to get in Contact => PM doesnt work with my profile, seems i need more posts ;)
as mentioned before you can hit me up via mail or facebook

Edited by Darkwing_Dub - 08 September 2016 at 2:16pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Darkwing_Dub Darkwing_Dub wrote:

Anyone who like to get in Contact => PM doesnt work with my profile, seems i need more posts ;)
as mentioned before you can hit me up via mail or facebook: dub.darkwing@gmail.com

what's the purpose of these invitations? What do you exactly hope to discuss? Why not have a public discussion right here?

Your posts are a little bit confusing.......

Darkwing_Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwing_Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:55am
oh sorry... didnt explain this
someone tried to PM me but i can not receive it... thats why i gave this options of mail and fb
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 6:10pm

reetings to each and everyone and especially to pfly!

Bigups to Sinai for doing it the proper way, you guys really push the culture!

Aww thanks!

Addicted to this design! Should have 12 within a few months....

pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:27pm
That is looking proper. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this box.

Only thing this box needs is some 2-6dB cut around 80Hz, depending on taste. As this peak is close to where most users would LPF these anyway, alternatively users can leave a small gap into the crossover or just cross these electronically lower to filter the excess energy out.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2016 at 8:20am

oh sorry... didnt explain this
someone tried to PM me but i can not receive it... thats why i gave this options of mail and fb

Don't worry, keep posting...

Very nice build by the way!
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 2:28pm
Looks good! are the plans available?
and could i have a link or pm of them please! Thumbs Up

luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 2:43pm
I find it strange and equally interesting that people struggle to power their drivers with inf8? Too many occasions we've had the power to destroy 51/52 Tmax1500 and more.

EDIT: 52 sounds warmer than 50. Handles more power better on the lows. Id expect a better sound, more pressure nicer lows. Instead i haven't heard that yet with polar 52. Sam i prefer the 1850 scoop you built compared to what ive heard from polar. Also quite alot more boxes infront of the polar from what ive heard. But too many variables ie how they been set up whos operating etc. I can only comment on what ive heard from them and not what i have got out of them as i havnt played them yet.

Edited by luton_soundman - 02 November 2016 at 3:57pm
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 4:37pm
Are plans available for this?
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

Are plans available for this?

have you read this thread? Do you know the name of the designer? if so, why don't YOU PM him? why should he take the trouble to send you the plan if he has expressly stated (in this very thread!!!) he doesn't want to share the plan atm? Confused
interweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 4:01am
Yeah Jake, stop being an asshole Tongue

Get in touch bro, i'm building again too.

Loonie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>