Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wireless modem!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioAddictz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 1:17am
ive done 100 gb in 2 weeks lol 

got the bt letter lol

but im on unlimited , so they dont charge you extra they just slow your connection down for the next 30 days

Reality .. It might look the same but it dont taste the same
AME_Syst. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AME_Syst. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

are you talking about wireless routers shagnasty?
Is there any way we can have the internet without getting cables installed in the house?

I had this same problem when i was living away, i desperately needed internet but it wasnt worth the full scale installation on a temp letting so i used a wireless dongle, you can get them from pretty much any mobile network provider but the bandwidth is kinda lame. For performance your prob gna have to get an installation. Perhaps you could get your landlord to pay you back part of the installation fee, having all that set up would be an asset to their future lettings any way.
Friss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:22am
Hey Mish, you sorted this yet?  Think I've got an OK wireless netgear router lying around - I'm back in a week if you want it

Safe
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

HELLO!

I've never heard of these and have no experience of whether they're any good.

CHEERS

which planet you been living on LOL
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 4:55pm
oh forgot to add, i got one from sky, think its netgear and its absolute shiite, but what u can do is get them plug in things from maplin and away u go, heres the link:

slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:41am
I've found O2 to be generally rather good actually. Contact and support is in the UK, and are usually pretty good - willing to put you through to 2nd line support etc. - also seem able/willing to skip the dumb-down crib-sheet bull when you make it clear you're a bit more tech savvy than Joe High Street.
Oh yeah - its on 0800 number too :-)

If you want to use your own router, they are willing to help with it if its a known half-decent one like Netgear, Linksys etc.

The user i/f on their supplied (Thomson) branded routers is a bit dumb-down, but actually not too bad, and you have to be in need of something really quite obscure before you encounter something that can't be done with it.

They seem to have their own DSLAM's in many/most exchanges now - i.e. less buck-passing onto BT in the event of DSL sync probs.

One thing to note though - BT is in the process of rolling out FTTC (fibre-to-the-cabinet) in quite a few areas .... = much higher bandwidth possible. OTOH I suspect the real sub-text here is trying to flog TV over IP - so ... dunno. It may be a while before the fibre connections are available to other ISP's ....

danielmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 11:21am
If the landlord did not want the cable then is there a phone line? If so, insert it into a router and cable broadband are not. There are a number of unusual Broadband.If dongle router, mad respect, have never been good.Point is a hidden SSID and MAC quick combinations and reasonable safety lock.If you have to explain why each one I've ever seen (I mean white family up here, not blue) reliable netgears is slow, not reliable, port forwarding, is a general bin mellow.
kevinchappel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinchappel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 7:08am
DSL or cable Internet access in your home or office can also be set up with a wireless broadband modem. DSL or cable Internet access in your home or office can also be set up with a wireless broadband modem.A  modem that accesses a private wireless data network or a wireless telephone system, such as the system.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12