Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TK discosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 6:51pm
Well done vcmazz,its nice to see some of this old English gear being looked after and used again,you with the TK discosound,Martin has all the Citronic range,Greg has a large collection of HH,and i have a heap of vintage ASS,RSD Studiomasters,Matamp,and Citronic....

Now all we need is someone with a collection of FAL,and we have the 1979 Roger Squires brochure covered!

Or how about something even more exotic? some Phase Linears anyone? Midas 1kw block amps?
Be seeing you.
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Well done vcmazz,its nice to see some of this old English gear being looked after and used again,you with the TK discosound,Martin has all the Citronic range,Greg has a large collection of HH,and i have a heap of vintage ASS,RSD Studiomasters,Matamp,and Citronic....

Now all we need is someone with a collection of FAL,and we have the 1979 Roger Squires brochure covered!

Or how about something even more exotic? some Phase Linears anyone? Midas 1kw block amps?
Sadly not the case jbl_man. I don't actually own any Cry. Just love looking at this stuff through nostalgic eyes.

Not so sure about the FAL though. Dreadful business. I remember you used to be able to order that stuff from your mum's catalogue. It was inbetween the car radio/cassettes and the lingerie Big smile.
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Ooh, you need to get out more PhilWink
Ouch Any more of that and I'll tell everyone about your FAL Ranger Embarrassed.
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:38pm

Ooh, you need to get out more PhilWink
Very first post of this thread ... remember when Keith Mills (Cloudburst) bought one of these Roadstars brand new for more than a grand? Used to take three of them to carry it. Well, two and KG LOL. Seriously enormous piece of equipment. I think it's beautiful Cry.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:31pm
[/QUOTE]I think it's beautiful Cry.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed and, and, and, best of all, it's mine! - shamefully I paid all of £29 for it a year or so ago, and I love it.
To be fair, it's still in the same place I left it, simply because it's so soddin big - I'm seriously considering building a skate-board shaped wheel board to shuffle it about on, and one of those rolly-over-thingies used to rotate large sound desks.
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:48pm

My second ever was a TK, after  a failed Saxon. Rotary knobs, lovely.

I remember it well. Because I eventually bought it from the chap you sold it to. Twas the unpowered TK Discosound Midas Mk1 in glorious mono Cool.
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 3:13am
The lower end models were the Midas (unpowered mono), the Magister (powered mono and 175W as someone else has stated). There was also the Magnum which I THINK was powered but with magnetic carts - not sure about that.  

Got it now. The Magnum was the powered version of the Midas and the Magister was the same as the Magnum but with a built in 3 channel sound to light controller. Nothing to do with magnetic carts Embarrassed. Therefore I'll correct myself and say that the mystery console on the other thread has to be a Magnum Mk2 as there is no light controller switch on the mixer. It's all over here.

- http://forum.speakerplans.com/stuff-from-the-early-days-roger-squires_topic28079.html

Edited by vcmazz - 25 November 2011 at 3:19am
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 3:05pm
Somebody's still trying to knock out this old TK deck - a tad enthusiastic at £175 though:

vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 3:12pm
Those speakers that come with it look like old Squires cabs. Any thoughts?
I intend to live forever. So far so good.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by vcmazz vcmazz wrote:

Yep, they've got something of the old low budget XL100 look about them.....
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by GregM GregM wrote:

Originally posted by vcmazz vcmazz wrote:

Yep, they've got something of the old low budget XL100 look about them.....
Can't remember for sure, but I've a feeling TK might have marketed a range of speakers. Might well have been the Squires ones. 
I intend to live forever. So far so good.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 10:57am
Ian
Dont forget Cloud  Very nice consoles
I have a series 6,7,8,9,and 10 and powered versions of some too
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>