Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin H3 Copy - Martin Brother H3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougies Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:35am
Don't bite...
Louder than loud View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 11:10am
Hear them first before you start
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Louder than loud Louder than loud wrote:

Hear them first before you start

lol i dont think anyone is doubting that they sound fine, its more the princible of a good british company like Martin thorwing loads of money into design and research and making a good sounding box, and then not seeing the return on it and make money and survive because other companies bypass the design and test phase and just make copies that they can then afford to sell for 70% off.

Yes we all wish speakers were cheaper and we could all have a massive pile of them, but theres a flipside and companies like martin need to pay the bills, or no one would ever innovate and all we'd have is the same designs being copied and recycled around for ever.

k

tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:36pm
I have been interested but not suprised how many legit hire companies were running copied F1 bins this summer. Good copies but copys non the less. Good enough to make me wonder why a skilled carpenter would do it. And by the looks of things not imports.......
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevinmcdonough kevinmcdonough wrote:

lol i dont think anyone is doubting that they sound fine, its more the princible of a good british company like Martin thorwing loads of money into design and research and making a good sounding box, and then not seeing the return on it and make money and survive because other companies bypass the design and test phase and just make copies that they can then afford to sell for 70% off.

I agree on what you said, but you do know that Martin Audio is part of Loud and not independent company anymore? Haven't been for a long time. http://www.loudtechinc.com/
Louder than loud View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:38pm
Oh yer loads of research must have gone into there twin 18" reflex bin LOL
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:45pm
Well as long as all BIG manufacturers stick to their overrated prices people will copy them. They just want to earn more money and they are greedy.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Well as long as all BIG manufacturers stick to their overrated prices people will copy them. They just want to earn more money and they are greedy.

Ermm

i think there may be a little more to that to be honest
cilla.scope View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Legs all the way to her bottom....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilla.scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by kevinmcdonough kevinmcdonough wrote:

I agree on what you said, but you do know that Martin Audio is part of Loud and not independent company anymore? Haven't been for a long time. http://www.loudtechinc.com/

So Pasi .. just clear things up ... what do YOU think should happen to a company that gets cheap copies made in China and then sells copies of someone elses product?  Just let them get on with it? or prosecution?
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by cilla.scope cilla.scope wrote:

So Pasi .. just clear things up ... what do YOU think should happen to a company that gets cheap copies made in China and then sells copies of someone elses product?  Just let them get on with it? or prosecution?

If it is 1:1 copy, i would do everything to stop that. But in real life things aren't that simple. What is a copy for example in loudspeaker? Is it enough that it looks same but performs differently? Or if the performance is same but looks different? If it is not patented technology or look, what then? How many different ways there is to do reflex loaded 2x18" bin?

This could be extended to everything else too. Do you copy music, games or movies from internet or somewhere else?
cilla.scope View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Legs all the way to her bottom....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilla.scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:23pm
I was asking you ... but you don't seem too sure .. say something that was outside a little bit different, but inside it was clear it was a copy ... what then?
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by cilla.scope cilla.scope wrote:

I was asking you ... but you don't seem too sure .. say something that was outside a little bit different, but inside it was clear it was a copy ... what then?

If you want specific answers, ask specific questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>