Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT082 drawings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSpuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT082 drawings
    Posted: 30 August 2010 at 11:59am

HI!

I wanted some 8"/1" speakers, and found the simplified MT122, it looked nice but i wanted 8" so i made a set of 2D and 3D drawings, the 2D drawings is for a water jet and the 3d is just for fun..

hope you like it, you'll just have to ask if you want me to send the drawings..

dunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 12:18pm
Im intrigued. Ive always wanted to build something small like that. Have you done any simulations yet? What drivers you putting in it.
KSpuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSpuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 12:37pm
i made the drawings at 1 o'clock tonight so i havend hat time to do any simulations or anything yet, i've designed them to be used with 2 fane sovereign 8-225, and 2 EMINENCE APT150, chose them because they are dirt cheap, as i just lost my day job, i've also heard this combo before in a normal enclosure and I think they sounded pretty nice 
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 2:02pm
The fane 8" might be more suited to something with ports like staipers smt212 design...
dunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 2:19pm
If these turn out good then I might build some. Im thinking to myself start tiny n work my way up.
KSpuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSpuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

The fane 8" might be more suited to something with ports like staipers smt212 design...

i cant find it, i have tried google without luck 

darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 2:45pm
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/simple-mid-top-smt212.html
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 1:32pm
Have you seen the celestion truvox 0818 that looks like it could be another driver for similar cash worth considering.
Don't test the champignon sound
KSpuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSpuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 7:10pm
nope i'am sorry to say i didn't consider that one when i bought the fane 8-225, it might have been a better driver for the course, so maybe next time.... 
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 4:21pm
is possible have the plans ?

http://www.rcf.it/it_IT/products/precision-transducers/neodymium-low-frequency-transducers/mr8n301
Italian Sound
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 11:07am
Has there been any progress with this design?
minilester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minilester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 2:54am
im looking for some just like this!!

if you have a comprehensive design plan i would love to see it and have a go at these my self... then on to build 8" sub boxes (thas the hard bit!!!)

good work mind!

3 tools u need in life. wd40, duct tape & hammer. If it dont move and should, use the wd40. If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape. If the hammer dont fix it, you got an electrical problem
 Post Reply Post Reply