Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo 15
    Posted: 02 September 2010 at 8:43pm
Just out of curiousity has anyone sim'd or built the Cubo 15, seems like a tidy little cab

Cheers

Johnny
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)
Powered by MC2 & XTA
COZY PILLOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COZY PILLOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 2:03pm
Sorry I only just saw this thread. I have built 4 of these cabs two 18's and two 15's. The only difference with the 18's is that they are slightly louder than the 15's. (only very slightly).

I used kappa 15LFA's and Delta pro 18a's. The cab is a really great design and easy to build. See my build pics on Freespeakers.com.

I am going to build more and use PD15SB40's as my mid tops use PDN12MH25's and they sound amazing.

If you use quality drivers you will hear and feel notes that you have never heard or felt before.

Build them, you won't be sorry.
COZY
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:43am
its strange i would of thought there would have been more hype about this plan it seems really interesting to me,
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COZY PILLOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:07am
Yeah Login4. I think Cubo has come up with a really good all round design because the cab can work with so many different drivers and because of it's size it really is handy. I do think that neo drivers would benifit the weight when they are made from Birch ply. My back is'nt what it used to be.

You really would not beleive the sound that comes from one cab. I have a pair of 186's loaded with eminence Omega 18's and because the cubo's go lower they work realy well in pairs under my smt212's. The 186's do play higher and that is their advantage but, I think they are not as loud as a pair of cubo's? I would love to have 4 or 6 Cubo's a side just to see how loud they would go?
COZY
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:13am
Cozy.. do you know if there is any input data for HR so people can sim diff drivers ..
Powered by MC2 & XTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COZY PILLOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:18am
Hi Johnny, If you email Cubo with the driver details he can give you more info. I think he posts plots also, check on FSP.

He is really helpful and may give you the input data?
COZY
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 12:42pm
Cheers Cozy .. been on the look out for something a lot lighter than i have now, due a recent injury