Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preamp schematics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:38pm
Tweets do you know whos pre the schematic was taken off ? The o/p section is valve based so I assumed it was Joes own design minus the psu for the op amps. If it is Joes own design its up to him if he wants to share but I wouldnt agree with him posting up anyone elses design.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 2:58pm
from what i can tell, most of the schematics on his page are from randon other sites, e.g. if u type it in google images youll get loads of stuff like this come up
just depends what your searching for  

if there is a preamp schematic on his page then it should ONLY be for one of his own preamps!!

dont think there would be though coz we all know whos hes copied the outer looks and layout from Wink
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:03pm

I think the schematics on the page are not random but relevant to those who want to build their own gear,but agreed the preamp schematic should only be his own. I dont think he has pirated anyone elses layout cos they all are very similar anyway from the barra's to the tubby's.

LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 6:58pm
Tweet: What do you mean by different bits and bobs? If you check the link there is a full schematic of a preamp in there...

Also, can a schematic of electronic components really be copyrighted? Is it the "picture" that is copyrighted or the way they are assembled??? Sounds like bs to me... Alot of the manufacturers of different equipment post up their schematics on the net...
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:44pm
those pre-amps randomly put up on the net of schematics SHOULD not be built unless you know what your doing same goes for distros schematics lost a friend like this about 10 years ago i suggest mods make this a sticky before we start losing members
i do suggest if you want to learn how to then gather up all the schematics and see what you understand then build what you feel safe making and then build project kits and then add them up into a so called design and then you will have what we call your OWN DESIGN 

and again not trying to cause an arguement but thats how i learned the process then go off and the worlds your oyster
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 9:30pm
Im fairly certain that schematic for the pre with the valve amps is the one he created after taking apart a tubbys one and modifying it. There is a story that goes (and i dont know if this is true) that Russ D was over in switzerland using that modified pre and he couldnt get enough bass out of it so they switched to a standard tubbys.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:26pm
them bur brown dont give enough output for my liking without problems
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Shamrock Shamrock wrote:

Tweet: What do you mean by different bits and bobs? If you check the link there is a full schematic of a preamp in there...

Also, can a schematic of electronic components really be copyrighted? Is it the "picture" that is copyrighted or the way they are assembled??? Sounds like bs to me... Alot of the manufacturers of different equipment post up their schematics on the net...

yes theres a plan for the valve preamp, good luck making it, the other schematics on there are taken from here there and everywhere

yes a shematic can be "copyrighted"
if a company puts there deigns up then fair play to them, naturally theyll get people like you trying to copy there stuff instead of learning and making there own designs!! thats something they have to expect

Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

Im fairly certain that schematic for the pre with the valve amps is the one he created after taking apart a tubbys one and modifying it. There is a story that goes (and i dont know if this is true) that Russ D was over in switzerland using that modified pre and he couldnt get enough bass out of it so they switched to a standard tubbys.

yes Adrian, BUT!! it wasnt only him that said this, 3 other people/sounds said similair things Wink
Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 8:44pm
Tweet: Well, Im not gonna build a valve pre, because thats a bit over my head right now... And by the way you have no idea why I want to check this schematic out... Dont really know why I bother telling you but why I want to have it is because im studying electroengineering at university and trying to figure schematics out is a good way to learn. Also I want to check how the Linkwitz-Reily filters are designed in a pre actually in use... So dont you worry, I WONT COPY Tubbs design, Im just interested in the basics of it to be able to build myself a simple pre to get my sound started...

Also, after all the accusations made to you about beein a thief on all the different reggae forums I dont see why you should be the one pointing fingers about "stealing" or "copying"?? Judge not before you judge yourself you know...

Once again, thanks to all the people that replies in a postive way!
Il_Duce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il_Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:17pm
Hi Shamrock,

Yes you are correct that there is no such thing as copyright on a schematic - FACT - only copyright on printed circuit board artwork/layout. There is nothing new about most circuits, nothing original either. How many ways are there to string resistors and capacitors together? - Not alot. So with regards to the other comments here, I wouldn't pay them any mind. Also it is perfectly legal to reverse engineer a circuit - FACT - so whether you copy a "Tubbs" design or not is really a moral rather than legal dilemma.

I think if you do a bit more research, you'll find that the schematic that Joseph Redemption posted on here will allow you to build a preamp minus the valves - just a bit bit more research and you'll be there!!
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:45am

Yes but didn't Joe say that it was because they had to connect the pre-amp into another seperate crossover which caused a conflict of frequencies.

The 'drunken master' strikes again.
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by PISSHEAD PISSHEAD wrote:

Yes but didn't Joe say that it was because they had to connect the pre-amp into another seperate crossover which caused a conflict of frequencies.

I did specifically say that "I dont know if this is true" and i honestly dont know if the story every happened.

In my own personal experiance with plugging pre amps into other dedicated active crossovers I have never had an issue. I have used a mostec 4way, tubbys 3 way and a mostec mini all through my own digital lms and never had an issue with them conflicting in frequencies.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>