Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Earthquake Builder !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 4:04pm

WHAT ON EARTH'S GOING ON?????.....(third time lucky!)

What pre amp is that?
patrick gillert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick gillert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 6:21pm

The Strevens tops are Electrotec Lab-q cabinets.

godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 5:45am
the labq cabs are beauts (and beasts), sound like a hifi but are unfortunately the size of a small garden shed - I saw some on a float at carnival - wondered whose they were
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 9:03am
King Earthquake sounded the heaviest, much cleaner than before & bass was deeper than usual.

Normally the mid & tops aint all that, but now....???

As for the pre-amp, I hear say ah rumour, & is the same one, but something has been done/added since the last time we heard them.

(Iration Steppas & jah Tubbys have to watch out)

Next - Aba Shanti-I sounded like they had a tune up too as they sounded better than normal & they normally do sound clean.
The bass sounded heavier than before.

Last - Channel One, waste of time for power & quality, when they come on just get a drink from the bar, & come back as they have some wicked music.
As for the power & quality, nah, they need a complete overall & upgrade, them Fane drivers in their boxes sound knackered.

That's it.

Anyone went to Word Sound & Power with Channel One last nite (sat. 23rd Sept '06) @ Southall Community centre ?

I didn't go as I wanted another powerful sopund there.

laterz.
DUBPLATE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBPLATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 10:09am

Edited by DUBPLATE - 07 June 2007 at 3:37am
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 7:54pm
Spent most of the night with cotton wool or tissue in my ears

channel 1 have actually decided not to try and "keep up with jones" when it comes to power and bassline. For most of the night the first knob on the graphic was fully off (don't ask me why) and it wasn't until about 03:30 that they pushed the set a little bit more. I left about an hour later but I heard they blew one bass speaker

I went to southall last night and for such a small rrom, WSP played way too loud like they had something to prove (they should know they don't) Most of the time that WSP played, I stepped outside the hall into the corridoor to protect my ears. At one point I'm sure there was nearly more people outside in the corridoor than in the hall. That's no way to enjoy a session

Tune of the night for me was (still) "Repent" / Twinkle brothers which channel 1 are rinsing out on dubplate
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by DUBPLATE DUBPLATE wrote:

channel 1 sound is alright at least dem dont hurt u ears i definetly wouldn't use dem as a commercial break as i am more intreasted in d music than d volume of d sound sound system
it now look like dat man don't even bother bout d music no more it's all about bass !!! & how loud you can get it 2 go.

this 4 all u who love d bass ting over d top
d man dem back ina d day would a run nuff a dem sound deh because of d way dem a play dem sound, sounds used 2 b heavy but dem never hurt u ears
this is a big part of d reason u don't see certain of d older heads in dance no more because there is no meaning 2 these dances no more its all about bass & volume & nuff man hiding behind the name of the emporah king selasie i  (ROOTS MUSIC IS SUPOSED 2 B SENDING A POSITIVE MESSAGE 2 PEOPLE) if it is tooo!!! ras cl__t loud how r you suposed 2 get d message, i would love d dance dem 2 b as they were 20+ years ago if many of those who used 2 play sound back in d day were 2 come back now & do it again they could help 2 clean up d foolishness dats goin on now & reveal nuff of d falseness within this ting

channel 1 is 1 of the original sounds from dem times so is jah tubbys, jah youth, entebby, jah observor, & jah shaka jah tubbys has always been a heavy weight sound so i would not put him ina d rat race its just his way of sound

in sayin dat its better 4 those who r in d rat race if those who really know bout sound system, the mesage, & d struggle if they dont come back dat way they can keep up the bull sh*te which serves them right now
put the grass down dubplate
for you information it's not volume that make your ears ring it's "distortion"
and twenty years ago the system's sounded extremely distorted the more a box rattled the better

i have tried to educate sound's on numerous occasion's over the year's on how a sound should be played only to be told by someone like J_h y__e that he likes it when the cone goe's "GUUUAARRRKKKKKKKK" and A__a that he should use the low pass filter
( because his cone's wanted to join us on the dance floor )
 him to say back ..what's that?

"the trouble is with sounds is they think if it isnt distorting its not turned up"

but hey i have been here for 2 year's so "TINGS" mite have changed

and ill agree that Channel one isnt loud enough but i still like the vibe just wish they wouldnt bring politics to the stage at carny after all it is supposed to be a fun weekend

i would think that if C1 was to play against other sounds with them at the same volume C1 would come out top's

also think it's about time they had some of my new mid's, (you wont have to dig deep C1)mskeete put a word in? tell them im a Leyton man, and tell them they have played on some of my stuff at Herbal and they can go see my mid horns at Pete's shop HY-TEK Dalston, the new M212 2x12'' horn will be there tomorrow

Edited by mykey - 24 September 2006 at 10:46pm
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 2:32am
Tried to reply just now and I can't see me post so trying again
M212 2x12'' horn ? - give me some details ASAP as I long to see the back od those piezo tweeters that they been using for the last couple of dances
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 8:40am
I do agree with you there, if C1 was to play against other sounds with them at the same level they would more than likely come out tops.

Whenever Walthamstow Festival is on, C1 play there on their own & it is very good, you don't even notice they are playing quite low, it's only when you get into the big venues or outdoor festivals like carnival with other sounds, is it noticed.

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 9:02am

Regarding sound systems playing too loud.

A few months back, when ever Ada Shanti-I used to turn on, I must admit, I ended up having to leave the hall, it was unbearable.

It was so so loud & ear piercing, some people in the venue including other sound members used to plug in their ear plugs. When I'd get home, my ears would be ringing & hear a tone for days.

Some complaints must have been made or the owner realized, as now it's not the same. They are playing their mids/tops at a comfortable level & it is crystal clean sounding.

I wonder what mid/tops boxes they are. anyone know ?

None of the other sounds who play there these days plays at an uncomfortable level now, they've all turned down.

DUBPLATE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBPLATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 12:57pm

Edited by DUBPLATE - 07 June 2007 at 3:37am
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 1:38pm
can we have that again in something approaching readable english?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>