Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound tsw-124

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound tsw-124
    Posted: 05 October 2010 at 3:03pm
hiyer all.

who can tell me about this cab.

mainly i need to know if these were all made with 25mm ply. ?

am i right in thinking some of these cabs were loaded with diffrent power rated drivers. ?

and any links you have or anything you can tell me about this cab would be great.

thanks rus. Smile

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 3:19pm
presumably you've seen the data sheet?

me so horny, me love you long throw.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 4:28pm
i have seen that thanks biotec. Smile i should have pointed out what ive already seen.

ill be taking delivery of an original tsw-124 soon. one for me to have a listen to loaded with a pd2450 and two to copy it down to a tee.

cracker.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cracker.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 1:22am
Looks they using 21 mm material as per the plan in following link:
http://hornplans.free.fr/tsw124.html

Anyone would have a link to TSW 721 plan ?

Edited by cracker.a - 06 October 2010 at 1:24am
RAGING PROMOTIONS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAGING PROMOTIONS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:00am
havent found a 721 plan, although i might be taking apart one of our 8 to have a go at making some new ones as ours are pretty battered on the outside, although the original drivers are still running well.

Jake
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

i have seen that thanks biotec. Smile i should have pointed out what ive already seen.

ill be taking delivery of an original tsw-124 soon. one for me to have a listen to loaded with a pd2450 and two to copy it down to a tee.

Are you planning on using new drivers Rus? those PD2450's are a fortune new...or is there a cheaper alternative?
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

hiyer all.

who can tell me about this cab.

mainly i need to know if these were all made with 25mm ply. ?

am i right in thinking some of these cabs were loaded with diffrent power rated drivers. ?

and any links you have or anything you can tell me about this cab would be great.

thanks rus. Smile

We made all the 124's and they were made with 25mm ply. The original speaker had a polystyrene cone but that was short lived and it ended up with 2450, but I believe it was a cheaper version.

fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:07pm
Didn't Fane do the polystyrene monster cones??I have a catalogue somewhere with them in...

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:31pm
Have you heard these cabs RUS? If so what they sound like?

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 2:36pm
hi.

@cracker thanks ive seen them plans not sure why they were drawn up for 21mm ply. :S

@jbl_man i am using new and yes they are costly alright over £500 a piece and thats without delivery lol. im not sure of another suitable driver but i could only ever see myself using the pd2450 in this cab anyway.

@tony_a.s.s. when you said you made all the 124 do you mean you worked at turbosound and produced them for them. ? why was the polystyrene cone short lived. ?

@fuzzy dig it out lets have a look. :)

@stray-sound ive not heard these. but i dout there going to dissapoint. im sure theres a fair few guys on here that have though. anyone. ? one chap said people like to use these for drum&bass i can see why.

another question i have is what sort of frequency range am i going to get out of this cab. ?

ive heard a few diffrent ideas. one guy in the uk not on this forum said 15hz to 200hz but i dont think there do quite that. :/

thanks for your replys chaps. Smile

Edited by RUS - 07 October 2010 at 2:38pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:02pm
If you're going to make two TSW124 copies, and load them with drivers that cost upwards of £500, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider and buy some second hand pro cabinets instead.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:31pm
Ditto that,add in the cost of 1 inch birch ply as well,and i think you should look for some 2nd hand genuine ones instead.Just an opinion.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>