Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound tsw-124

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If you're going to make two TSW124 copies, and load them with drivers that cost upwards of £500, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider and buy some second hand pro cabinets instead.

i know what your saying guys and did think about it. but then were am i going to get six unloaded tsw-124.'s ? Confused i mean more than likly these will be sold loaded right then what do i do with all them original driver.

and on the other hand anyone can buy a cab and put a driver in. and i get much more satisfaction building them myself. i know it wont be cheap Ouch but then they will be nice and new.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:57pm
what's wrong with buying loaded ones?
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 4:05pm
Good luck buying PD2450s. I heard the press to make them was broken and they weren't gonna make a new one for a while. Might be a good idea to contact PD and find out if thats true before you start building.

I won't discourage you from building 24" monsters. I think its a highly commendable aim. I'd love some 2450s (I'd have reflex boxes rather than horns though).
Don't test the champignon sound
cracker.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cracker.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 4:46pm
Construction would be a fairly simple but I agree with most posters on this topic, the driver is too unique and that's what makes this bin a solid sub bass. This is short bandpass "J" type horn with critically tuned and ported chamber on the back and compression chamber on the front.

Canada where I live, I have to disagree with comment that could be less expensive to buy it from second hand.
Most cases a commercially made systems have cost calculated to cover r & d , marketing and bunch of middle people to make profit until it get's to the customer.
This higher cost is still associated when purchase in second hand, unless the product is really in unacceptable shape.

If you wish to entertain the idea to build one I encourage you like other posters to find out that you can get the driver, and if you decide to go with different driver be prepared that copy bin will not meet your expectations.

Find below link for contact information to Precision Devices:
http://www.precision-devices.com/contact.asp

And yes, product is still on they site, available and currently in production:
http://www.precision-devices.com/Search.asp?types=yes&type=24
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 5:19pm
Who and where are you Cracker.a? I'm in Montreal, but I never heard of you!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 10:40am
Rus,just one small point,if you do decide to take your original one apart,and build some the same design,it would probually be prudent not to publish the plan on here,as someone has pointed out,this,although old,is still a commercial design.
Be seeing you.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

If you're going to make two TSW124 copies, and load them with drivers that cost upwards of £500, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider and buy some second hand pro cabinets instead.

i know what your saying guys and did think about it. but then were am i going to get six unloaded tsw-124.'s ? Confused i mean more than likly these will be sold loaded right then what do i do with all them original driver.

and on the other hand anyone can buy a cab and put a driver in. and i get much more satisfaction building them myself. i know it wont be cheap Ouch but then they will be nice and new.
Robbo's grotto?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

i know what your saying guys and did think about it. but then were am i going to get six unloaded tsw-124.'s ?

Why would you need to get them unloaded? Tony's already confirmed they came loaded with PD2450 drivers as standard relatively shortly after they were first released.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:33pm
Rus, not being funny but listen to what people are saying. No offence but you don't strike me as the most experienced of builders, so I can see you ended up with a torn apart original cab and some shitty home build rip offs - with a big hole in your bank account.

Your money, your choice though, I guess! :D
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:46pm
hi all thanks for your suggestions. Smile

i havnt ruled out using pro cabinets yet. but i am 99% that ill build my own. im not using secondhand drivers though. why because i dont want too. lol

thanks mykey do you have a link to robbo's grotto. ? and i take it you mean robbo from this forum.

jbl_man i wasnt going to take the original apart to copy it. im thinking ill have know problem making replica's with a take messure. it never crossed my mind to post the plans. and now its been pointed out to me i wont. Thumbs Up

i already checked on driver availabilty some time ago.

i know the ply wont be cheap but battered old cab or nice. new cab hmm not to hard for me to choose.

im sure some of you guys would do things diffrently to me. but each to there own right.

Edited by RUS - 08 October 2010 at 1:47pm
goliath View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:56pm
Hi russ. shop about for the 25mm ply. I got 4 super scoops made using 25mm birch ply and got it the same price as the 18mm which i thought was crazy as i also bought 18mm at the same time of the same supplier. Also the 25mm was the best quality birch you can get.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

Rus, not being funny but listen to what people are saying. No offence but you don't strike me as the most experienced of builders, so I can see you ended up with a torn apart original cab and some shitty home build rip offs - with a big hole in your bank account.

Your money, your choice though, I guess! :D

when these are built with 1" birch finnish ply these will be identical to the originals. shitty home build. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>