Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound tsw-124

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Spesh Spesh wrote:

Rus, you say that you will only be using the system in your garage/shed, so why not just build something like Gsubs or another simple reflex? I don't see why you need horns anyway. Especially not something 30 years old and in the grand scheme of things, not particularly good.

bcuz dey r the turbosoundz wiv the 24inch drivaz lololol

or something like that.
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 6:23pm
Rus, empty your inbox please. 
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

bcuz dey r the turbosoundz wiv the 24inch drivaz lololol

or something like that.

Rus I don't know you but from what i've read on this forum about you... you are either playing devils advocate with everyone or you're just ignorant.
Always a compromise, You can't have everything...

Where would you put it all.
Skra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

i will say though ive never built any cabs to the best of my abilty so no one here can judge what i can or cant build.!

your'll see what i can do one day. Wink

No, because when that day eventually comes, we'll all be dead and people will be walking around in silver jumpsuits!

No offence, RUS, but why not just build/buy a reflex system? I've got 2 15" bins with JBL 2226 drivers in, and two tops with Beyma 12" coaxials in. All driven by a DBX analogue crossover, a nice T-amp for the tops and a C-Mark monster for the bins (total overkill but will stay with me for when i finish my 4 HD15s). It stays in my house most of the time and comes out for the occasional party.

It sounds awesome, is plenty loud enough and all the above cost me under £800, excluding cables and cases etc.

What will you be using your system for?
Zombies, by their very nature, are inconsistent.
opus jody View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 8:08pm
funnily enough, for the last year or so, i've been running 20yr old jbl 2226's in all my 215's, with duel concentric tops and analog crossovers....
with single 24's.

Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos
Skra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 8:49pm
Well, I did teach you everything you know! Wink
Zombies, by their very nature, are inconsistent.
Daveswindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveswindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:58pm
Where are the photo's of these subs you've built by now..?
www.daveswintonproduction.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/DWSwinton
https://www.facebook.com/DaveSwintonSound
anulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 10:34pm
Hi there,

I did it. Ok, some might say I wasted money on whatsoever outdated design, but I got em. So this is how the heavy bastards looking right now.

sure, I will ad some more pics to album. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2wHEeXROd2Yd3DG33
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 11:43am
Epic build! This deserves it's own thread and updates tbh.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
anulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 12:28pm
I about to add some more images ltr. on.... so for now I added some measurements to the album
theTurbosoundfamily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theTurbosoundfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 1:52am
hello there , i red that your from canada , and i am always looking for turbosound people . i am in bc with 6 718's , 5 124's, floods , tms4's tse111 , tmw212's tsw218's and much more if you like to talk gear please shout out a message . i am also always looking for more if you have some for sale. thanks alex :)

Tilmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 11:01am
does anyone know where i might get a passive xover for a tse 211 top?
we dropped a top and the xover is broken...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>