Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound tsw-124

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 4:07pm
sorry if i came across funny or rude to anyone to much vodka. Embarrassed i can see your only trying to help. Thumbs Up

i will say though ive never built any cabs to the best of my abilty so no one here can judge what i can or cant build.!

your'll see what i can do one day. Wink

Edited by RUS - 11 October 2010 at 4:08pm
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 4:34pm
Hi Tony A.S.S. , With out giving away any trade info... how mny TWS-124 were made??100s, 1000s, 10000s??? TMS line???? I been doing club sound for 20 years and have never seen any fo this gear. I feel left out.....  Thanx, VECTORDJ  USA
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 4:49pm
Iron Maiden had 40 24's as part of their TMS rig
Don't worry F$cked up bigger gigs than this one...........
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by H... H... wrote:

Iron Maiden had 40 24's as part of their TMS rig

i think ive seen a photo of there setup. cant find it now though aghhh.

forty tsw-124's thats just ridiculous. good one iron. Thumbs Up
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by VECTORDJ VECTORDJ wrote:

Hi Tony A.S.S. , With out giving away any trade info... how mny TWS-124 were made??100s, 1000s, 10000s??? TMS line???? I been doing club sound for 20 years and have never seen any fo this gear. I feel left out.....  Thanx, VECTORDJ  USA
Maybe approaching 1000. They were built usually 20 at a time.
Regarding the Iron Maiden cabs, I could be wrong, but I think they had 96 TMS 3's. I actually remember doing those. Turbosound did pretty good in the states.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

ginge i can purchase these and in singles.

csg no i have not but then i dont think it matters i have no expectations so i know they will blow me away.

i do believe though that there should be more enclosures designed for this driver (pd2450) i would if i knew how. one day maybe Smile

lol, you ejit! why on earth are you doing this RUS? you are wasting money building an out of date rig.

what a start! LOL

out of date Confused im sure these cabs are pounding lots of nightclubs around the world as we speak. !

I know clubs with Eliminator W-Bins from the 1970's in them, does that make them good? It is not an up to date design, you could for example build Labs (actually, you couldn't) - which would provide far more low end grunt. I think you'd be better of with 1850s or Punishers, or actually some decent reflex cabs with nice drivers. I've read most of your threads, and honestly mate people are trying to help you here - to make sure you don't waste thousands of pounds.

Answer me this; why do you want to build the Turbosound copies?

sibulus.

i first became intrested in the drivers then i found this tsw-124 design that uses them. and i cant help but buy them huge 24" monsters lol. thats why i want to build them.

sibulus. why could i not build a lab sub. ?

/

so basically you've never heard them? so you're going to build a 25 year old design, that's been superceeded by far better cabs, because you "cant help but buy them huge 24" monsters lol"?

do what the hell you want mate, you're clearly not going to listen to anyone so it.
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 11:21pm
you sound like a person that does not listen. where is my answer i asked.! 
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 11:26pm

well I'm being judgemental, I'll agree - I said what I said because from reading your posts and knowing that you never finished the last cab you tried building, I think a Lab which is a notoriously difficult build would be beyond you.

whatever mate, all the best! :P
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 11:32pm

well I'm being judgemental, I'll agree - I said what I said because from reading your posts and knowing that you never finished the last cab you tried building, I think a Lab which is a notoriously difficult build would be beyond you.

so from reading my past posts you can judge my future builds.! your atacking  he wrong person.! i bet your never out off work.

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 11:43pm
Hi Rus, I think some of the reaction you are getting is that perhaps no one knows what actual gear you have and then reading that you want to build TSW124's which were never the best subs because they lacked definition and had a slow and sometimes ponderous response. They may have been popular in the day but there were fewer things around to use. The 21" speaker became the better speaker to use and the 24" was dropped by Turbo. You have to realize there was a reason for that.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 2:07pm

so from reading my past posts you can judge my future builds.! your atacking  he wrong person.! i bet your never out off work.

I haven't built any cabs for about 2 years, however when I was looking to build something I did the following;

-got the money together
-listened to lots of different cabs
-asked advice and listened to it
-built some up to date cabs that were fit purpose, not 30 years old heavy and not very good

you might be well served trying some of those things mate, I really have no idea why you would want to build the turbo's.
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 3:46pm
Rus, you say that you will only be using the system in your garage/shed, so why not just build something like Gsubs or another simple reflex? I don't see why you need horns anyway. Especially not something 30 years old and in the grand scheme of things, not particularly good.
Symmetry Soundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>