Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 58>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 6:38am
Sanding & staining all day yesterday and today, git tops, mids & 2 of the kicks done, hoping to get the other 2 kicks done later today and then its just the scoops left to go.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 1:32pm
Yesterday reconed a 2150 and probably clean out the plate amps on a set of yammie dxr15s today. 
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 1:33pm
Fat bstard any new pictures of you or your wife's systems please?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

Fat bstard any new pictures of you or your wife's systems please?

There are a couple of pics of her rig all assembled in the show off your sound system thread - https://forum.speakerplans.com/show-off-your-sound-systempart-3_topic96480_page82.html

And some build diary stuff here - https://forum.speakerplans.com/show-off-your-sound-systempart-3_topic96480_page80.html

But here is a pic of both of them, hers in the middle, mine split into 2 and on the outside.

Hoping to have all the stain done in the next week or so and then spray on a varnish coat on the 30th. then all that is left to do is internal wadding and load the drivers in and it is all ready to rock & roll (or reggae & dub)

Edited by fat_brstd - 18 January 2021 at 12:42am
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2021 at 9:07pm
Rotated all my drivers :)
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2021 at 9:35pm
..by your perspective of looking at them or actually? LOL
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2021 at 10:58pm
Spent time looking at the cabs trying to decide if I should strip off the carpet and paint them... All oldskool shermann...
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 5:20pm
I moved most of my rig into the house.. shed is poorly insulated and tomorrow snowmageddon is forecasted in the netherlands.. propably will see some wet snow and 0 degree celcius but wouldn't take the chance.. 
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2021 at 5:56pm
Restored a tired Matrix M400.

New jack sockets, volume pots, fan and a paintjob for the inside of the
 chassis:

Good for another 20 years, I hope.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2021 at 6:50pm
Here's another Matrix M400 awaiting similar treatment.
This one is a newer model, it has a quarter of the component count and no secondary power rail.  Different MOSFETs too.  The fan & relay appear to be the only common components between the two versions, even the chassis is different...

Don't know if the previous owner is watching, but they might recognise their postcode.  No 9 Woodlands Drive in Hoddeston, to save you googling it.

Edited by I-shen Soundboy - 13 February 2021 at 6:53pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2021 at 12:14pm
nice. i have one of these on a shelf somewhere. must dig it out and see which version it is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 10:58pm
Done the newer one now, the underside of the board was all surface mount devices and very neat too. Think I prefer the earlier one with the lower voltage mosfets (160v vs 200v) and through-hole components though, of the two it had the lower noise floor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 58>