Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565758
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:02am

The K 30 arrived today. I powered it up just to make sure both channels pass signal on 120 volts.

Now, I need to buy a 120-volt receptacle to attach to the Hubbellock 600 volt plug. As this amplifier will be receiving 250-volt line voltage, I do not want to use the standard 120-volt receptacle (Offered on the amplifier) as that is against our electrical code.

Since the Hubblelock is only found in the industrial market, it eliminates any Non-Hubbellock home consumer plug inserted into the Hubbellock receptacle distributing 250-volts. The K 30 offers a maximum input line voltage rating of 270 volts. This is ideal as the amplifier should have no issues handling 250 – 256 line voltage.

You should see the bench test results of the K30 posted in the Amp Forum by the end of next week.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:10pm
This is a Class D amplifier, yes? I hope you know how to bench this type of amplifier and document your process appropriately before you post utterly pointless results that might put other people off using them.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:43am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

This is a Class D amplifier, yes? I hope you know how to bench this type of amplifier and document your process appropriately before you post utterly pointless results that might put other people off using them.

I've benched Class D amplifiers for 6 years in addition to, Class AB and Class H amplifiers. This amplifier is not my first ownership of a Class D Amplifier. The K30 has already proven itself in the field for those who are not afraid to drive their amplifiers relentlessly. Seems like you are falling beyond on what's going on in the scene LOL

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:19am
Edited, can't be arsed.

Edited by concept-10 - 09 May 2021 at 8:49am
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2021 at 1:09am
A few days ago we purchased 5 Studio R X8 and before that 4 Meyer MSL4a speakers. Also some mic cables.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Rengade Project Rengade Project wrote:

A few days ago we purchased 5 Studio R X8 and before that 4 Meyer MSL4a speakers. Also some mic cables.

Those are great sounding amplifiers!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2021 at 10:28pm
Busy with some 8" tops (4 in total):
As you see, enough glue was used in the process Wink

Will be loaded with RCF MB8N251 and B&C DE360 on ME20 horn.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2021 at 2:54am
Yes they are, I already had 2 before and they perform well
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2021 at 2:55am
as above
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2021 at 8:18pm
Got myself an c-mark 2450 amp for again a round of small bitcoin-gains. The earlier in this thread mentioned devine will move up for mid-duties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565758