Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 9:25pm
playing all sorts of wierd sounds on it. great fun, highly reccomended.

not the whole rig, but a good representative portion.

24" sub under the table.Big smile no neighbors.

Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos
t0m View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t0m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 9:43pm
Blared the new Shy FX remix of Gyptian - Hold Yuh through a pair of Impulse 4T's and tested a few subs to go under them for large scale DJ monitoring ...

Finished fixing 3 x Martin CX-2 lights and made a start on diagnosing faults on the 4 Synchrozaps!

Funfunfun ....

//t0m
http://www.microrave.biz

PA/Sound/Staging/Lighting & Laser Hire for London & the whole of the UK
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by opus jody opus jody wrote:

playing all sorts of wierd sounds on it. great fun, highly reccomended.

not the whole rig, but a good representative portion.

24" sub under the table.Big smile no neighbors.

I can see you'll be getting a divorce soon you hardware junkie you,

my contribution to the day  was playing with a pair of new toys

and very nice too, get a bit brittle when overdriven but beautifully tuned for a bit of Revolve magazine psy.. zip snick snick snick..  the builders from over the road came over to ask if there were any psy parties in the hood, I recommended Micky Daley's Eden down in bourn E mouth.. :)

Then lids of with a zone 62 to remedy the effect of the last dub step night, ribbon cable from the input section shaken loose. (had the same thing with some epc780's thank you Mr Millard for the clue)

Finally after gribbling all day over money settled New years eve booked and paid, Oh and thanks to Tim Bespoke for a last minute dry hire for Kinky Malinki on saturday night.. Good man..

What else cut and glued some foam to make a roadcase fit around 4 x cdj and 1 x aforementioned zone62..

came home for tea..

nuff said
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 10:11pm
nothing much, looked for a trs to xlr so i can talk on skype. gutted a pair of 8 inch hi fi speakers with dead woofers to put in a pair of 8 inch wharfedale sub drivers. the port turbulance did my head in so i sealed them then it didnt sound good , now theyre in the cellar.

Edited by wayward91 - 07 October 2010 at 10:13pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 10:31pm
I continued my restoration/rebuild/upgrade of a C-Audio Pulse 1100 that's been worked on a few too many times.  One channel is now more bits of wire than original PCB tracks.  Finished winding a new gate drive transformer just before I left the office so the epoxy could set overnight for fitting tomorrow.
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 10:39pm
Loaded it into the van

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:30am
Took some more photos and made a few calls about cable.
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:14am
Started a long and eventfull day with a satisfying phone call to blue aran ,top marks to them, especially Lee.
Then worked hard all day on the rig... same tomorrow.
Turned the lockup from a dumping ground to a palace...
Put a nice little 6 Nova 215 ,4 Martin F1 system in a club ready for tomorrow sound checked all day,then reloaded the van for second setup tomorrow (so I can now swing a cat in the lock up).... inbetween loads of productive waffle then finished of with a chicken kebab,extra chillis hold the grease.
A good day.
Great topic Biggus.

Edit.and also took apart a JBL Mpx 1200,for a long fault finding mission tomorrow with the multimeter.
Suprisingly simple.. when you have it in bits,
Just got to remember how to put it back together!

Edited by fuzzylogic - 08 October 2010 at 2:23am

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

evolution rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evolution rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:00pm
added 10k of matrix power,
ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ

Evolution Systems Hire, Partys, And general South Norfolk Carnage   
audioman1 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:06pm
searched garage for some metal to make a new rack ear for my EMO 16amp distro (Ear fell off somewhere, wish I had secured into rack ages ago Cry) No luck, so plan B, raid storage for an old 2U appliance I can cut the ear off Smile
Audio/ Visual System design and Installation
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:22pm
filler session !
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:28pm
set up a nice system to test out my new str2400, then missed the postman delivering it when i nipped out! Angry

Edited by sonofalesbian - 08 October 2010 at 2:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>