Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 58>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loudnclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:22am
Finished building some Cubo 15's loaded with PD154

Edited by loudnclear - 16 May 2012 at 10:51am
mass audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mass audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 1:21pm
Removed incorrect bracing from 4 wembley 2820 clone's replaced drivers "They sound better now". 
m.a.s.s audio(musically advanced sound system)
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:07pm
its 42 degreees here, ive left my gear in the boot simmering.

hope its ok, the cables come out all warm and bendy

Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by kevin tyler kevin tyler wrote:

its 42 degreees here, ive left my gear in the boot simmering.

hope its ok, the cables come out all warm and bendy

Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Get 'em stretched out nice and straight, and let them cool down. Job done.
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 5:12pm
It's been a while since I've posted in this thread I've done loads to it since I've last posted but today I've done nothing to it apart from think we need some good weather so I can sit it outside and have a good listen.
Blaize110 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaize110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 4:48pm
Finally got some nice weather so took everything outside for a nice lick of paint ready for the summer :)
jbinks-v2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbinks-v2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 5:39pm
Sorted out another 4 1850 horns until the rain came!

Boring stuff:
Replaced connectors (single/twin NL4s connected only on pins 1+/1-) with my standard bass config of three connectors, all fully wired (all 4 pins linked on all). - I use three so that I have a spare should something odd happen at a gig and for extra versatility if needed.
Replaced wheels with "proper" 100mm castors, not silly 75mm stuff.
Touched-up the paintwork.

Fun stuff: These have new v18-1000's in them so I wanted to loosen the suspension up a bit ready for the next gig. Unfortunately at this stage the rain was already here and they were safely back in the trailer with another 4. So I hooked up a small rack with a PKN XE-4000 in to them and used the tone generator on my phone to give them 17, 22, 30 and 50 hz (mostly 17 though as the drivers are unloaded at this frequency and the excursion would be quite large even with low power.

Needless to say, burping the power resulted in the entire trailer vibrating quite violently and me feeling rather "odd" to say the least! This seemed to be most effective at 22hz. Being in an enclosed space with these things is pretty insane! I dread to think what effect using all 8 that were in there would have had!
45hz and 50hz sounded perfect as usual (I tend to use these frequencies at soundcheck for no purpose at all other than to make the organisers a little excited!).

Looking forward to some better weather (all day please) so I can get all 12 1850s out for a final paint touch up and clean up.
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:19pm
Yep, I like lights......will put up some proper pics of rack when it's complete, hopefully this week.

"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:28pm
Loving the nightrider look mans LOL what spectrum analyser you using bud?
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)