Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 58>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:43pm
Got back from ski season! So over last 2 weeks have re-painted the bins as they were lookin rough. Ordered new wood to build new tops (mt121 horn + 8" and 1" - more info soon!). Unfortunately wood still hasnt arrived, so waiting on that...

In the meantime, bought 15m of 8 core for tops, rigged the cables/connectors up. Cut some jigs for speakons, MT, handles etc. Got myself a new festool plunge saw + extractor (best £500 i've ever spent). Tested new BMS 4538's from Tony, Thankyou very much tony! Worked out delays for tops, might get hold of smaart and see how they are. Then finallly, got round to seeing the girlfriend :P hahaha

Updates to follow when new tops are built! "The progression of the rig! From start to fini"
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:44pm
ah forgot to add, bought matrix ukp1300 for the b&c 8pe21's and bms 1"s in the tops!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:46pm
are you building xtro 8s into your tops? i think i'm going to do that.. picked up the 8pe21s a while ago.
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:18pm
indeed i am! Already got the xt8 horns. The hard part is mounting them in a cabinet, i spent a long time building a jig that matched the horns so i could recess them into the 18mm panel that will be at the front, and as i dont have back bowls, i built a small chamber for them that i can then support them inside the cabinet, and be held in place so there is no weight on the fibreglass horn

Hopefully will turn out like so. Excuse the large gaps in the sketchup photo. I couldnt be bothered to finish it

smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:24pm
and i have already tested them on several occasions and i couldnt be happier with the sound. At the moment i'm crossing the 12" at 180hz to 1.24khz then using the 8" 1.2khz to 2.4khz, and the 1" onwards, with a 6db low pass on the eq from around 5khz onwards. 

You can cross the 8" lower, but i find it a bit too resonant and shrieky, and is harsh on the ears. But it does give a lovely punch to the right notes if you do cross it lower, maybe you can use your eq to better this. However i prefer the sound of the 12" around 1.2k. I'l post up pics etc when its on the build! 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:26pm
cool. i'm just gonna build wooden ones and see how they go.
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:37pm
Finally got round to stripping my tops ready for painting. 1 down 3 to go. 
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:52pm
Re-painted the full rig for a soundclash we are doing next weekend. Then messed around with a mini-moto in the lockup.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
Blaize110 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaize110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 5:47pm
Re-wired the amplifier module and been doing some painting of the 12V PA in preparation for the summer season. 

midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 5:58pm
Saturday, dropped amps, distro and Xover in the rack.

Sunday, Finished chopping up 100m of cable and connecting 16 Speakons.

Waiting for my patch pannel and then ready to connect it all up..
In bass no one can hear you scream!
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Blaize110 Blaize110 wrote:

Re-wired the amplifier module and been doing some painting of the 12V PA in preparation for the summer season. 

My prototypes looking good there mate! glad you made some use for them Smile
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 3:30pm
What have I done to my pa today,

Plugged mine in in the garden to annoy the bloke next door who kids kicks a leather football against the wall all day, and pee of the local buggers who own multiple yapping dogs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 58>