Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roots Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roots Rules
    Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:19am

DonĄ¯t go clogging up the rest of the forums with talk of who has the heaviest b line as they isnĄ¯t interested. Compete with who has the best set and talk about speaker box here only.

If you have scoop and preamp and want to mash up the place, or want to invite other sound to play their set you need to do it in dis section.

Rog Mogale.

PsĄ­.. Me scoops are better dan yours. Nuff respect.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 6:58am

have you tried "BLEACH" works wonders

DEAR ROGER! whats with the wording and  spelling ROG?????? isnt that "DIS"- RESPECTFULL

we are grown ups on here you know!

and shouldnt the title be "ROOTS POLITICS" it does exist

Edited by mykey - 23 March 2006 at 7:07am
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:27am
fair play rog!
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:40am

Mykey,

Have you ever tired boot polish.

"shouldnt the title be "ROOTS POLITICS" it does exist"

No, it should be whatever I want it to be as its my forum.

I just wanted to give the community a place to chat and clear the air. A place free from the capitalist vultures that have misguided those with so much to lose for so long. Maybe its time some learnt how to look from the shadows into the light.

I also think its better to provoke a reaction though debate than economics, hence this new 'sale free' forum.

How are your designs coming along these days Michael? Let me quickly tell you something this guy called Rog, or was it Roger said to me once. He said, if you think about how much money you will make when designing a speaker, you might design a good one, but it will not have been your heart guiding you head.

Don't lose your way speakerplans, try hard to keep the vampires from the door. They have tasted blood and won't let go.

Loads of love and remember your roots,

Rog Mogale.

DUBPLATE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBPLATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:56am
i don't know if it was me that caused this but i am not bothered with who is the heaviest or not buying a box from such & such because him down the road bought his stuff from him up the road, i agree with mykey there is to much politics between the (roots sound system man) not the music itself & what i don't understand is these guys are supposed to be righteous & conscious people ???
Drutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:39am

This place is just great!! More comedy than bbc three...

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:49pm

Nice to hear from you again Rog.

Yeah reggae sound systems are a different kettle of fish as they class the scoop bin as an 'instrament'.  Because of the classic reggae sound it gives for reggae sound systems that its known for,and like effects such as echo,sirens, etc.

And the love of piezos only comes from people who own reggae sound systems. But they quite frankly they sound awful and hurt you ears. No offence but why on earth would a soundsystem want to use tons of piezos that sound awful???? Maybe cos of the low cost, you get piezos in toys for christ sake. Maybe cos piezos are another 'instrament'  in a reggae sound system like scoops are. Just don't make me stand near a bunch of piezos for ages, or I'll be deaf when I'm 40.

Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

Maybe its time some learnt how to look from the shadows into the light.

it is only then you see how long your shadow has grown.

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

Mykey,

Have you ever tired boot polish.

KIWI ?  not me but, allot of people suffer from poisoning on here

good come back Roger! oops! Rog!

Edited by mykey - 23 March 2006 at 9:15pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:08pm
[QUOTE=Rog Mogale]

"shouldnt the title be "ROOTS POLITICS" it does exist"

No, it should be whatever I want it to be as its my forum.

that made me laugh!

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 9:17am
good idea this forum
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by ToXiC ToXiC wrote:

Nice to hear from you again Rog.

Yeah reggae sound systems are a different kettle of fish as they class the scoop bin as an 'instrament'.  Because of the classic reggae sound it gives for reggae sound systems that its known for,and like effects such as echo,sirens, etc.

And the love of piezos only comes from people who own reggae sound systems. But they quite frankly they sound awful and hurt you ears. No offence but why on earth would a soundsystem want to use tons of piezos that sound awful???? Maybe cos of the low cost, you get piezos in toys for christ sake. Maybe cos piezos are another 'instrament'  in a reggae sound system like scoops are. Just don't make me stand near a bunch of piezos for ages, or I'll be deaf when I'm 40.

Toxic, there are plenty of reggae sound systems that don't use piezos and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole Some of those sound still sound crap but that's not due to the drivers that they use

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>