Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst rigs on the planet..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

FML
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 10:58am
re-terminate with one of these https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/ntp3rc
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 9:13am
Here's one of my stupid mate's sound systems, RCL speakers which are on the crappy level of Skytec. BORK!!!

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 10:43am
^ LOL  But looks like they are having fun though. Thumbs Up
Be seeing you.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 10:43am
They have obviously spent more money on their hats than on the sound gear
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 11:46am
they do look like they're having fun
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Jack_The_Ripper Jack_The_Ripper wrote:

Here's one of my stupid mate's sound systems, RCL speakers which are on the crappy level of Skytec. BORK!!!

i have heard rcl drivers do the buisness LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 1:01pm

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard some in south Wales once and they certainly won the farting competition hands down
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I heard some in south Wales once and they certainly won the farting competition hands down [/QUOTE]
I have two dogs here that will take on all-comers Confused

My American Bulldog is currently in training for the next Olympic farting marathon Dead 

And yes, those lads with the witches hats and the RCL's do look as though they're enjoying themselves; maybe with some kind of chemical assistance Sleepy
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 3:23pm
Distortion is King!   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 8:01pm
My mate Dan who's in the photo also has a bigger system full of Skytec speakers, some Peavey SX200, a mish mash of different manufacturer horn subs and other crap. He goes on about how his 'stack' as he calls it is brilliant but sound quality is terrible, comb filtering galore and the bass is all uneven and god it sounds terrible. He powers it all of W-Audio, Skytec and other cheap crap amplifiers. I remember him blowing a few drivers because of clipping and after I reccomended to him to get QSC amps he said nah his are good enough you get problems. Wacko

He's a nice lad but what a douchbag never listens to me about comb filtering, different drivers and speaker cabs having different frequency response and different dispersion. The last I heard was he'd bought a Turbosound 18" unloaded horn sub and stuck a Fane driver in it, no modelling in software to see if it might be good or crap he just said to me "it's an 18" driver mate it'll fit in the driver hole", lol. 

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 04 November 2018 at 8:02pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 8:15pm
Back in the 70's that's what we all used to do...basically stuff the best driver you could afford (or had in stock) into any cabinet with the right sized baffle cut out. Yes,you would look at the driver, light cone,double roll suspension,and could tell it would work best in a horn cabinet,or a heavier cone driver with a concertina suspension would be better suited to a big reflex cab. But was mostly trial and error. That's how you learned back then.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154>