Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans available here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 4:34pm
besides - it wouldnt work- having built a few now, i know that no driver would fit in the other way round 
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

here you go people:

XTRO HR DATA for the 15" sections(s)

REAR CHAMBER = 71.39 litres

FRONT CHAMBERS 

- top = 13.17 litres

bottom = 13.1 litres 

TOP HORN -                                          volumes DO NOT take loaded drivers into account

(please adjust accordingly)

S1 = 673.04 cm^2  

con - 21.85 cm

S2 = 893 cm^2

con - 23.66 cm

S3 = 1151.5 cm^2                                  horn data could be rounded to equal each other

BOTTOM HORN - 

S1 = 678.54 cm^2

con - 21.22 cm

S2 = 898.17 cm^2

con - 22.67 cm

S3 = 1151.5 cm^2

could someone else sim this please - my HR is playing up on me. Angry

ideally i want pics of the response and excursion and group delay. 

i basically want to know what could happen if these were to be crossed at 75 or 80hz instead of 90. 

cheers
Saul
T!v@k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T!v@k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 12:56pm
@Contour

Hi walt

i read at speakerstore.nl that a new generation of xtro designs are coming with a bigger pressure chamber for the kick base.

do you know something about that?
and if you do how are the plans coming?

greets Tim
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:33pm
Hello Tim,

Current X-tro design already uses this bigger front chamber for the kick bass. The text on speakerstore is very old, the first prototypes had some sort of slot loading for the midbass, this did not work very well, therefore the design was changed to the current design.

Best regards,

Walt
T!v@k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T!v@k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 5:18pm
ah ok cool than this is the way to go then.

i've seen a reinforcement panel was added between the two 15" horns in some builds. but i read in a post from lawaaiigebuur
that he put some extra reinforcement on the back panels to handle the the pressure in the bins

is it wise to make the outer panels from 18mm in stead of the 15 mm birch to cope with the pressure??

thnx T
bigwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:01pm
are there any plans off the punisher in a 15" Version ?

Also the mounting depth of my driver is... 294mm rather than 190mm, can I just make the 190mm chamber 294mm deep and add the 104mm to the overall so the throat dimensions arent effected just the sealed chamber?

1st post here btw so be nice lol! Awesome website...Wish if found this along time ago !
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:15pm
you're probably best off just saying what driver you have, and people will steer you towards a design to suit it (or search for it either because it's probably been discussed before).... the punisher horn was really designed around the Ciare driver.

and hi!
bigwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:24pm
Hello lol,

This mite make me sound like a complete noob but the woofer in question is an In car woofer. Orion 15.2 HCCA. The specs can be here on page 18.....

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/OG/Orion/GHCCA102%202008-11MLweb2.pdf
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:35pm
best bet is to do what the manufacturers say probably.. build the small reflex box described at the bottom of the page...
bigwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 5:26pm
Already build the recommeneded box and many othr similr boxes and have got bored lo

So shall I just to discussed in a previous post and engliage the sealed chamber and keep the scoop/port/tunnel dims the same ??? 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:43pm
i'm no expert on driver specs but yours doesn't seem suitable at all for horn loading. it has a very low ebp... there is some really good info on driver specs in the FAQ on the main speakerplans site.. well worth checking out.
bigwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:52pm

oooh sounds good - cant find the FAQ tho lol - any chance of a linky for some bedtime reading :)

How do i go about searching other designs for this thing. Mainly deeper mounting depth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>