Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp Internals 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 260>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2022 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Realistic / Radio shack / Altai / Soundlab MPA100.

Can't recall if this one has been posted before, but anyway, here we are, late 80's, first of the taiwan/chinesey PA amps.

Been sitting in a friends garage the past 25 years. Works fine, even the meters still light up.

Don't think this will do 4kw bridged into 2 ohms though.

If got two of these hooked up to my DAB tuner in my workshop. Quite sturdy & they will put out slightly more than the rated power. I'm sure I heard someone say that they were made by Pyle in the US, no idea if that is true though. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2022 at 4:39pm
Was reading 31.9v per channel at onset of clipping into 8 ohms, which equates to 120w @ 8 ohms.

Says on the back panel "Taiwan",(Altai factory i believe), but these were sold in the USA under the Radio Shack brand, which might explain the US connection.
Be seeing you.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2022 at 1:25pm

Was reading 31.9v per channel at onset of clipping into 8 ohms, which equates to 120w @ 8 ohms.

Says on the back panel "Taiwan",(Altai factory i believe), but these were sold in the USA under the Radio Shack brand, which might explain the US connection.

By the time Radio Shack embroidered this amplifier it was no longer popular to the masses. I recall Pyramid was toting this amplifier in the 1980's before Radio Shack added this amplifier to it's catalogue.
Amplifiers of such caliber were popular in small Israeli owned electronic stores in the mid to late 1980's. 

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 7:31pm
Not sure if this was posted before, Thomann T.amp E4-250.

16kG Class AB amplifier, rated at 4x250W at 8R, 4x400W at 4R.
3x DYP1521 /DYN1521 output devices per channel, no datasheet to be found of these.
2x59V out from the Xformer, 1x 6800uF 100V per half rail, each module (Ch1+2 and Ch3+4) has its own bridge rectifier and set of caps. Both rectifiers are fed from the same Xformer winding though.

The logical way to connect this amp would thus be to have for example Low/High/Low/High and not Low/Low/High/High to spread the power draw.

Tested under load, 1 channel loaded, it does ~52V at 8R and 48.5V at 4R (constant sine wave input @100HZ) which is well over its rated power. I haven't tested all 4 outputs simultaneously.
The clip limiter works as expected and doesn't reduce the output voltage capability, the indicator light comes on at the exact right moment.
Low noise and/or hiss from the outputs with the input potentiometer fully open, barely audible connected to a horn mounted compression driver, ear to horn.

Overall construction looks well though out, the massive downside is the fans, they are loud. 
The fan is some chinesium brand "Tonon TD8025HS" 24VDC brushless fan i can't find much data on. I don't have a tachometer but measured around 303Hz and with 7 blades, it's a 2600rpm fan which draws around 75mA at ~25V, so rather low power fan. With both fans connected and the top cover in place, the amp does around 40ish dB(A) at 1m, very loud.

I just received 2 sunon MF80252V31000UA99 fans with vapo bearing which should be a lot quiter, just need some JST connectors and crimps to connect them.

Unlike stated here: http://https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/the-t-amp-e4-250-seltsame-speakon-belegung.703330/ Thomann seem to have fixed this as the speakons are all wired as expected, CH1&3 have both their channels connected on 1+/- and CH2&4 on 2+/-. Ch2&4 only have 1+/- wired as normal.

The Flir thermal camera spots no significant hotspots to worry about while idle. The section around the bias circuit which is all SMD gets around 50C, and the LM317 linear regs which provide linear supplies in the input circuit are heatshink mounted and get ~55C. Additionally there is a mains input relay near the input connector, which is SanYou SMIH series relay, which has all the appropriate TUV/UL/VDE approvals does get a rather too hot for my liking, it's idling around 55C as well...

Edited by Teunos - 28 June 2022 at 7:46pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 8:01pm
Most of the Realistic Hi-Fi amps sold by Tandys back in the day were manufactured or designed in the Hitachi Japanese factory and that rack mount one was probably from there as well as the internals do look very familiar style to me.

Edited by Robbo - 28 June 2022 at 8:03pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 9:40am

Actually it was that clean, as Earplug correctly wondered if it was being used as home stereo, it actually came from a home-studio. Apart from a few minor chips and marks to the outside, that is how it arrived.

I think we bought from the same studio LOLLOL:

Edited by EmPro - 01 July 2022 at 9:40am
EmPro Audio
HonkyJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonkyJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 7:14am
Sorry I know this isn't an internal pic, but I saw this in a 2nd hand Electronics market a few years ago in Shanghai...thought it deserves a share.

On the other hand, if anyone has a DICK 'DK1200' internal pic, now is the perfect time to get it out...

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by HonkyJones HonkyJones wrote:

Sorry I know this isn't an internal pic, but I saw this in a 2nd hand Electronics market a few years ago in Shanghai...thought it deserves a share.

On the other hand, if anyone has a DICK 'DK1200' internal pic, now is the perfect time to get it out...

LOL

I was more interested in the LanDian with microcomputer inside. Smile
Be seeing you.
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 1:53pm
Dick ? C'mooon ! LOL
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2022 at 4:14pm
Transistors were getting hot working in the heatwave so they took their tops off.

L-Acoustics / Camco LA8 SMPSU

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2022 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by HonkyJones HonkyJones wrote:

LOL

I was more interested in the LanDian with microcomputer inside. Smile
For  a minute I thought it was LaBian VG-1250, with clit limiter.... my eyes are bad

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 02 August 2022 at 7:06pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 3:39pm
Just picked up a pair of Inter-M PA6348 mono blocks. Very substantial beasts with massive heatsink and an interesting layout. There is an option for 24vdc input for running on batteries and the outputs are transformer coupled. They weight a ton though, 23 kg a piece for "only" 480W output.

Edited by Andylaser - 07 August 2022 at 3:41pm
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 260>