Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp Internals 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 260>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Does that TSR amp have line inputs on the rear? That looks like a Bass Inns, Or Bass whatever they were amp. Bass as in Brewery that had a chain of pubs. They had their own design and install team.

Bass-Charrington.

TobySound. Wink
Be seeing you.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 8:41pm
That was it Ian. Tobysound. James Knowles used to work for them. That amp had holes to put a screwdriver in to adjust level and tone.
Billy Dawg.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 8:56pm
Those ebay units use vertical fets with temperature compensation
Kevin

North Staffordshire

BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:01pm
yes,,.it was a tobysound install amp,..& yes its got the bass & treble adjuster's on the top,.& to my ears still sounds atreat,.the bass & treble are like having a boost from 2 eq's..plenty volume Tongue
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:14pm
Didn't citronic make those for Tobysound?
Kevin

North Staffordshire

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:56pm
I think this question came up before Kevin,it turned out they were made a by a small midlands firm for Tobysound,no connection to Citronic at all,but the case did look like a PPX150,which is where the confusion comes from.
Be seeing you.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:10pm
Those modules should be a nice HF amps :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:26pm
They're actually rather passable.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

I think this question came up before Kevin,it turned out they were made a by a small midlands firm for Tobysound,no connection to Citronic at all,but the case did look like a PPX150,which is where the confusion comes from.

Definately made by a firm connected to Tobysound. As I previously mentioned knowing a guy that was part of that team had something to do with their design and build.

Looks very Harrison/ HH case too. They did use alot of HH amps too.
Billy Dawg.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Those ebay units use vertical fets with temperature compensation

Yeah - but they do look a lot like the old Maplin module - and I imagine that the circuit is based on the Hitachi one! I definitely like the fact that it is being produced by a small UK company. Wink

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 12:31pm
i have the schematic
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 3:01pm
I´ve ordered one - let you know. Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 260>