Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended CB-18 Cyclops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 4:06pm
18 WSX and not satisfiedShocked?What are they loaded with and what amp are you driving them?
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 6:06pm
Maybe you need to double check your system for proper rigging i.e. proper cables, phase cancellations, check if the drivers you use is suitable for wsx, frequency cutoff etc..18 wsx wow! 8 per side mouth to mouth is not a joke..

Edited by streetsounds - 18 January 2012 at 6:08pm
Bass matters...
jollygt78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollygt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:42pm
streetsounds, how much resin & matting did it take to cover one CBE.  how many layers? 
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 1:24pm
I cant exactly answer your question with regards to quantity of resin and matting used, I just let experts in fiber glass coating to do it for me. But what i understand you have to coat it first with a layer of mixed resin and hardener then put the matting, Apply again another coating of the resin mixture (with toner, wax etc) let it dry polish a bit afterwards and apply again another coating. Polish again with sand paper and coat it with paint, best to apply the coatings is during sunny weather.

Bass matters...
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 11:08pm
18 wsx's and not satisfied? thy must be martin brothers ones then, not martin audio lol
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)
Powered by MC2 & XTA
linkfaithlw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkfaithlw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 4:42am
Clapguy! good job you have done! It looks nice!
linkfaithlw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkfaithlw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 4:50am
Big smilehow much it costs  you to make the sub
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 4:29pm
Anyone have any Idea whether the B&C 18SW115 would work well in the cyclops, nice looking specs for the driver with plenty of xmax to take some abuse
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 5:20pm
http://hornplans.free.fr/cb18_cyclops.html
^ Horns Plans site post of plan recommends B&C 18TBX100 and 18SW100.  Not sure about 18SW115, but when I was thinking about making these, I found that site to have a little more info.
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 11:37pm
Yeah there's a few differences between the sw100 and the 115 but from reading this thread you need a higher xmax to cope with this cabinet, I'm guessing with the higher power rating from the sw115 the higher xmax compensates for that. It'd certainly need a lot of juice to power a pair of them but I can imagine they would sing in a cabinet like this.
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 5:55am
I would love to build these as my next project total 4 Cyclops for a medium sized DJ system. I will be loading them with the Faital Pro 18HP1060's. 

Is there a Extended version in 15 mm Baltic Birch sometimes it will be a 1 or 2 man show. 

Save the Earth, save my back!!!Wink
BASS, how low can you go!
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 6:13pm
I would guess that it would sound way better as 3/4 and lose less energy to vibration, but I have never actually built one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>