Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended CB-18 Cyclops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 2:06pm
plenty pics is the word... 
http://www.myspace.com/audioalliance
music is our mission
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 6:17pm
plenty an nuff mean the same thing lol
switch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote switch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:33pm
hey tegeesounds i know u also use scoops how do you think 4 cbx18 would fare against 4 full scoops?
audioalliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by switch switch wrote:

hey tegeesounds i know u also use scoops how do you think 4 cbx18 would fare against 4 full scoops?

+1 to this qs
music is our mission
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 10:49pm
mmmmmm its 2 different box the beauti with the cb is its a one bass solution dont need kick but the scoop need ...but the bass is nice an warm good cone contrrole an deep bass an round but am a scoop guy so i love scoop....
switch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote switch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 12:38am
which would trump the other using same speaker same power and playing dubBig smile
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 2:36pm
its hard to say never compair them side by side an with same power ...but have the same 18lw2400 in them ...but what i would think(i might sound bias cause am a scoop lover) is the scoop will give u a harder bass for dub but the cb will be louder.... when i test the 4 cbe it was outdoor an it was on a crest cc5500 an it was realy nice but i think the yorkville 6040 would have play them better ....never the less the bass was nice deep an loude nuff kick play mostly reggae/dub , an soca....but as i say i love my scoop...so for me scoop is the thing...just my thinking
audioalliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by t.geessounds t.geessounds wrote:

but what i would think(i might sound bias cause am a scoop lover) is the scoop will give u a harder bass for dub but the cb will be louder....

Cool but I don't understand clearly what you meant by harder bass as opposed to louder...
music is our mission
Julius I View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julius I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:36pm
Does anyone have the plans of Cyclops CBx-18? to me could happen?
Thanks in advance.
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 3:10pm
Shouldn't be too hard to work out - Stipe has said in another thread that the CBX is the same as the CBe except the width has been increased to 1152 - so increase the width of top, bottom, baffle & panel B by 100mm, and increase panels E by 50mm.
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:17am
@ Audioalliance
OK Now for the Q&A Streetsounds -

Does the cab really take 3 complete sheets of ply to build and what is leftover after one cb-18 is built?.... it eats up almost 2.5 sheets per box
How heavy are your extended cb-18 cabs with roller boards ?...I dont have the exact weight but two man can carry it no problem 
What distance is covered before the bass starts to drop off ?... Bass is pretty much concentrated at the front and can throw longer, you can still feel the energy even your far away
Will Celestion FTR18-4080HD or Caire PW's work for cb-18 cab ?... As Stipe mentioned this cab flexible and work well with any driver out there...

Bass matters...
Julius I View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julius I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 10:52am
Hi Streetsounds,
I'm trying to download the plans of Cyclops CBE-18 page 3 of this thread, but the link does not work Can you provide?

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>