Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended CB-18 Cyclops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrianm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:15pm

hi streetsounds, 2 questions

which one has a higher spl, your cb18 or the subzero?
which one has a deeper bass, cb18 or subzero?
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:37pm
These CBe-18s will definitely outrun the subzero with regards to SPL and musicality. It can also go deeper.
Bass matters...
jollygt78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollygt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:52pm
how would these compare to say a dual 18 reflex with the same drivers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 6:09am
Im not a reflex user so I dont have that much idea how to compare these cyclops to the reflex bins, but I think these CBe-18s, recalling from what Ive heard from a reflex cabs before, are far better spl wise.
Bass matters...
gabegeforce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabegeforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:22am
hi, the baffle itself is very neat. can you post the plans? is it autocad format?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:02pm
Thanks, I posted the link on page 3, you just need to download it.
Bass matters...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:07pm
Two more additional Extended Cyclops bins, finally completed

Edited by streetsounds - 20 January 2011 at 1:08pm
Bass matters...
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:20pm
Hello Frad,

It grooooows Clap 

Wanted to ask some question which may also be interesting for other CB-18 owners/builders.
As you already have pretty neat stack of CB's and worked with them on real gigs what is your opinion about CB-18 bass "directivity/throw" .. one of builders have have said that he have pretty nice front-to rear SPL difference described as almost "cardioid" bass coverage with them so I wanted to ask you if you have any observations regarding this.

Best wishes

Edited by staiper - 20 January 2011 at 2:21pm
Just do it! ..or do not.. ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:44pm
Well I think the same with me here very good throw at front, waste no sound at back and at sides..but just enough for the band to feel that something is pounding hard and heavy at the front. Ive used them just 2/side in an almost 2 basketball court size semi open gym and still can cope. One more thing ive notice unlike with previous bins that ive used, stacking them in stereo, the bass is almost even at any point at the front, it seems as if you stack them all together at center.. so I think the other builder that you are mentioning is quite right. Now I will try 3 per side and see hows its like Wacko
Bass matters...
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:52pm

Hi guys. sorry to butt in but i have 2 faital pro 18hp1020 drivers and was wondering if this driver will work well in the cyclops. i really like the design . thanks to STAIPER.

staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

Hi guys. sorry to butt in but i have 2 faital pro 18hp1020 drivers and was wondering if this driver will work well in the cyclops. i really like the design . thanks to STAIPER.

SIMon says that Faital Pro 18HP1020 will work excellent in CB-18 (any version)
Just do it! ..or do not.. ;)
Powersoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powersoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:35pm
Nice build. Are there any specs of all this 3 types of CB-18 cabs? I'm interested in building some but would like to now their usable pass band and sensitivity.

Also the tapped horn design as far I'm aware of does not couple (like a normal folded horn) when used in multiples. Is this true?

Edited by Powersoft - 20 January 2011 at 5:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>